icon

Clutch Bypass 2000 Ford Ranger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
el_mouseo 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2003 at 3:39 AM / IP Logged  
I'm putting a UltraStart TL1250M on a 2000 Ford Ranger w/ a manual transmission. First off could anyone tell me the parking brake wire color and location? This remote starter also has a wire which can be setup for different things via a jumper.( Position 1 2nd Starter , Posit. 2 2nd Accessory, Posit. 3 2nd Ignition ) Anyways I wanted to know if I could use the 2nd starter output to bypass the clutch safety switch only when its remote started, does anyone know if this would work? I appreciate any info...
pocket-rocket 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2003 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
My car's clutch safety switch is mounted to the floorboard.  I dug out my multimeter, and probed the wires to see which one had +12 volts on it without pushing in the clutch while turning the key to the start position.  The wire that showes +12 volts doing this is the wire that goes from the ignition switch to the safety switch.  The other wire coming out of the switch is the one that goes to the starter, which would be the one to hook the remote starter's start wire to (so you don't have to push in the clutch for the remote starter to start the truck).  As for the parking brake wire, it should be on the parking brake pedal assembly somewhere.
91 Lumina Z34, Black, 5 speed
92 Lumina Z34, Black, 5 speed
Mr.Swifty 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2003 at 2:24 AM / IP Logged  
jsut run your starter wire to the clutch safety switch......Fords are wired like this.....starter signal from ignition switch, to the clutch switch, when the clutch is depressed, it will close the circuit, and send the signal to the starter solenoid.....just go to the Car side of the switch, not the key side.
HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2003 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  

I have a problem with this....simply running the starter wire to the proper trigger wire on the clutch switch does indeed bypass the switch, but PERMANENTLY.  When you turn the key, the starter signal also bypasses it.  to avoid this, use a relay....

use the starter wire to provide +12V as both the signal and the + side of the coil, and then use the ground-out-when-running output from the remote start for the ground the coil.  This way, ONLY under remote start is the starter signal allowed to pass to the clutch trigger wire.

don't mind me...I'm all about safety and leaving safety devices intact and working Clutch Bypass 2000 Ford Ranger -- posted image.

b

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic