the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Small simple system for 97 F-150 Supercab

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2003 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, yes the sub is on the passenger side. I made a thin rectangular shaped box that extends from the passenger support bracket over to the one close to the drivers side. I remeasured and figured up the internal box volume tonight and came up with .64 cubic feet, which is more than i had figured before, not sure where i messed that one up at but anyways, that puts this box on Diamonds high side for recommended space. So, with the box towards the big side and underpowered be the reason it doesnt produce alot of sound?? Ive never dealt with a sealed box before so i dont know what the results of a box being to big or small would sound like, any advice on that one?? As to your firing question, i have it firing up. The shop i got it from says they always have them firing down when doing a setup like mine in a truck. So, i'll kick back and see what your next thoughts are and believe, all info is very much appreciated!!
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2003 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
Put your hand an inch away from your mouth and talk to someone, get the picture. The sub is having trouble "breathing" if it is firing into the seat. Take the box out from under the seat and put it on top of the seat and see how it sounds. A box a little too big has never hurt anyone, it may give you a little deeper bass response in trade off of losing control of the motion of the driver. Try stuffing the box loosly with fibrefill after you listen to the box again, and make sure the sub is in phase.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2003 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
Well, im not going to be off work again until monday so wont be able to mess with it before then. But hopefully i can play with it monday. Will check the wiring on it. Next thing i thought about was hooking it up in my truck to compare using a bigger amp on it, and if all else fails will throw together a smaller box with some angle on it so the sub doesnt fire straight into anything and see what happens. I did find some prices on that LA amp you mentioned but couldnt find any on the Concept, how much do they usually run??? Thanks a bunch guy.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2003 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
A Concept CC500M runs about $500.00 cdn so it will definitely be cheaper for you. It has a mono output at 2ohm of 400w rms minimum, they sound Ok, have a great warranty for us in Canada (3 year) and provide some good clean power. Have a good weekend dude.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic