icon

amp info

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonafer 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2003 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
 Hello, I need to know how to get information about  my pioneer amp.  It is a MODEL   GM - 2000  If anyone has any information please let me know. I have been to the pioneer web site but they don't know.  Thank's Jonafer
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2003 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  

The only information I can find is this seems to be a European model, rated at 2X100 watts into 4 ohms.  I cannot find any 2-ohm or bridged ratings, so it may not be bridge-able.

Cheers!

jonafer 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2003 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged  
Hello, how can i find out what the problem is with one of my amps? I can not find anything burt inside, or broke. It  just won't come on. thank's Jonafer
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2003 at 6:27 AM / IP Logged  
We'll need the make and model of the amp, how you have it wired, where your ground is, etc. Basically, describe your setup in as much detail as you can. Also, can you be a little more specific as to "wont come on". Does it completely not come on, comes on but enters protect mode, comes on but no output, etc...
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
jonafer 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2003 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, the + is from the battery with a fuse, the -- is to the car's chassis. The amp is a pioneer GM 2000.  It doesnot have a remote turn on? or does it?  It hasn't got a place for the wire atleast.  With the power on, the amp does not come on at all. I know I have power Ive checked.
wvsquirrel 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2003 at 3:26 AM / IP Logged  
I found this in Pioneer's knowledgebase:
-------------------------------------------------------
GM2000 wiring information
Connection of the speaker’s leads for two channels (stereo) is different from connection of the speaker leads for one channel (Mono).
This amplifier has a mode select switch to select two-channel out (stereo) or one-channel output (mono). The speaker leads must be connected to suit the mode selected. Pay attention to the polarities (+) and (--) and lead colors.
When two channels (stereo are used).
Set the mode select switch to 2CH position.
When one channel (mono) is used.
Set the mode switch to the 1CH position.
The speaker lead with to green stripes is not used: keeps it in case you need it in the future.
ON the amp the connections are laid out as follows:
Speaker connection screws: (starting from left to right)
First screw on the left is (right POS.).
Second screw is the (right NEG).
Third screw from the Left is (Left NEG).
Four screw from the left is (Left POS.).
Connecting the continuous Power supply lead (ORANGE wire)
Route the continuous power supply lead from the engine compartment to the passenger compartment and connect it to the amplifier. To prevent short-circuits make sure you connect all the other leads first, then connect the end of the contiguous power supply lead to the positive (+) terminal of the battery.
The RED Lead is connected to a power lead terminal on the ignition switch (12 VDC).
The BLUE lead connect the male terminal of this lead to the blue lead of the car stereo (system control terminal). The female terminal can be connected to auto-antenna relay control terminal.
Note:
When connecting leads with RCA pin plug (sold separately) to he auxiliary input jack ( red and white) of this unit, connecting the right channel to the red jack and connect the left channel to the white jack.
Ground connection - (located on the far left side of Amp) UN-screw and connect to metal of body.
-------------------------------------------------------
Ahhh, the power of the Internet! Hope that helped...
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
jonafer 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2003 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
Thank's I will try it. Do you know if the plug has only two wires or should it have four? Mine has two, the red and the blue. But on the amp when I unplug the wires there is four prongs. Now on the plug there is also two extra place's for two wires. Thank's Jonafer
jonafer 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2003 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  

Hello are you sure those instructions are for the GM2000?  I dont have a orange wire.  Whre the continuous power goes it say's battery back up

GND           +B 

Thank's Jonafer

wvsquirrel 
Posted: October 31, 2003 at 4:11 AM / IP Logged  
The red and blue wire's you mentioned are the remote. They were the same on my old Pioneer GMH-100's, even the plug sounds the same. Just splice those 2 wires into a single wire, then splice that wire to the remote turn-on from the headunit.
Sorry if your wires don't match what was in their knowledgebase. It said your model specifically (I copied and pasted directly from their site)
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic