icon

no juice to amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2f2f4evva 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2003 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  

i have a 760 watt sony xplod amp(not sure of the model) and a sony deck(unsure of that as well).  all the wires are hooked into the amp right, but we either cant figure out where the remote turn on wire goes on the back of the deck or my amp is fried.  any advice would be awesome!  i'm going to try and look up the model numbers, etc.

thanx

kevin

"It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile...winning's winning
noob 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2003 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  

the remote turn on wire is ususally a blue/white wire with a female connector at the end.......you can either plug your wire into that with a connector or you can just cut it off and wire em together with crimps, tape or w/e you use....... did you use the amp before or is it new from the box.......

and if im thinking correctly .......not havign your remote wire connected shouldnt result in no power, it should result in constant power

i think

2f2f4evva 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2003 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
thanx, the amp is an xm-2150gsx......i still have no clue wut the cd player is kuz the internet sux....lol...i agree with the whole remote turn on thing and we did try the blue/white wire and it still didnt work.  i am at a loss.  ahhhh welll....i guess i'll hafta live w/o bass for a while.
noob 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2003 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
do you have a good ground????.....make sure there is no paint where you have it grounded.......and check you didnt blow a fuse
2f2f4evva 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2003 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
/we checked the ground...its a kickass connection....no paint, bare metal.  we checked the fuses too, they r good.
superstreet786 
Silver - Posts: 339
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2003 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
Ive had the exact same deck and amp and I know for a fact that the remote wire is solid blue and just make sure it is in the amp really solid
Alien509 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2003 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
IF the remote wire isn't hooked up properly the amp will not turn on at all. See the remote wire sends 12 volts to a relay within the amp which makes the amp switch to the on setting. Without the remote the amp will do nothing.
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2003 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
if your having problems, try by passing the h/u with the remote wire, go straight to the constant wire your running your h/u on and splice your remote wire into then add a toggle switch on the line and your set to go!
Quad L Handyman services
LouDog27 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2003 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 12in Omega Sub Tube in my '89 Celica GT along with a Kenwood kdc-  the kdc maybe wrong but the numbers after it are 2011s it's probablly about 3yrs old, and it's a great head unit! All my mp3 cds play in it, and the green lighting matchs my dash lighting, theonly thing that was really wrong with it was the faceplate kept popping off, it was just worn out, so I superglued it on with no problems. I've had to replace the 2front speakers with some Pioneer's that are like 3 1/2"'s and they sound great...the factory bass resonators right under them work great, and I still have the original 14yr old rear speakers...they pump bass for thier age! Anyway the Omega tube is self contained with a 225watt amp. it came with I'm guessing 12gauge wiring because the inline fuse was 15amps. I think I need at least a 10 gauge, 8 would be a little steep, and a 20amp fuse. Regardless of the tube's weak power supply, the unit was working. I was afraid to hook it up to my rear speakers fearing I would blow them, but as it turns out the amp's designed to run off them, so after hooking them up I have an incredible change in what i thought was bass...you see I had it hooked up like that for a month thinking that maybe my amp was just weak like a 100wats or less, an d that little boost was as good as it got, after I hooked the speakers up, man I was I floored, everything was excellent for about 2weeks, then one day my amp wouldn't turn off for no apparent reason. Everything worked fine, then it wouldn't turn off. So i decided to remedy the problem with a killswitch. I have my 3 blacklights hooked up to a killswitch so it seemed logical. After mounting it, I took it on a test run...the amp turned off with the killswitch, then turned back on after a few sec. to warm up, everything seemed fine then I turned the volume up pretty loud and I heard a terrible cracking like I tore the rear speakers, I hit the ATT vol. cut button, then hit it again, there was still thump but it was greatlly diminished, my amp was out but my rear speakers were fine. I tried to re-straight line the power line, but the amp would still not come on. I checked the ground, it was still good but no spark, the remote was fine, my antenna still worked, but I still redid the connection to make sure, everything is hooked up right, the only thing i can think to do is buy some 10gauge speaker wire, and redo the powerline. I would like to put the kill switch back in, but i'm not sure if i have cut the ignition line instead of the remote, but i'd rather just keep the remote splice, can i still put a kill switch in? what's the reasoning for conneting to the ignition line? I realize it's to have constant power that you can just turn off, but what if you wanted to turn the sub on/off while driving, if you're spliced into the power line in the harness won't the head unti turn off w/ the sub when you hit the killswitch? My one other concern is the fact the bass tube comes with a wire harness...instead of hooking each wire into the amp you just hook the power and remote into the wires coming off the harness and plug it in....so if i replce my dinky little 12 gauge power line with 10gauge and but the fuse from 15 to 20 is that going to damage anything? I mean the grounf wire is only 12 and there will be a few inches of 12 gauge power line when it's all said and done. I can't find a replacement harness, nor do I have the money. If the thicker powerline doesn't work, the amp must be shot, but how is that so if it wasn't even getting enough power? the fuse wasn't blown, it just quit working.
I'm worst at what I do best

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic