icon

wrx remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crvz 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2003 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a remote start (Viper 790XV) on my WRX a few months ago, and i was wondering if anyone knew about a product that will leave the car running until the turbo cools down.  i have heard about such a feature before, but i do not know what they are called or where to get them.  if anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be very helpful.  thanks.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2003 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
hmm.....interesting.....how can the turbo cool down?
isnt the turbo a part of the egine? if it will, then the only time it will cool down is when the engine seize.
or am i headin in the wrong direction?
hope this answer your ?.......
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
Haku 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2003 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
They have turbo timers, I think its built into the remote start unit, but I remember seeing  a turbo timer add on.  Dont know who made it or how it worked..... but they are out there.  I will look around and see if I can find some info.  And yes pro  :) you are heading in the wrong direction..... first time ever as I can recall...
Hak
Siemens Autostart
Haku 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2003 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  

http:///.com/ebaymotors/dll?ViewItem&category=38655&item=2441687617

http:///.com/ebaymotors/dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=2443255269

Heres a few links to some on Ebay.  They are add-ons, and would work independenly of the remote start.  Go to Ebay and in the search type in "turbo timer" click on the excact phrase, and you will find lots of them.  Still searching for one, (im thinking DEI) that will interface with your remote start...

Hak
Siemens Autostart
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2003 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
Too bad you didn't wait to get the Viper 791XV. It has a built in turbo timer. Turbo timer can be added to it using a DEI 528T pulse timer relay. When you are about to get out of the car you hit lock and unlock to activate takeover mode. Then hit a button to activate the 528T. After a minute or two the 528T will pulse the WHITE/ blue activation input on the 790XV and shut the car off. I can explain better how it would be wired at a later time...I need to get a copy of the 528T instructions first.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2003 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
hmm....so thats what it is, a turbo timer. koo, i couldnt figure out what it was on some remote start units.
thanks haku
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic