icon

Car Stero Connections

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
GhostZero 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2002 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I have three wires from a CD Changer that i need to install and don't know where they go or how to connect them.  I have a '93 Honda Accord SE.  Two of the wires are DC in and have fuses on them.  The connectors at the end are metal crimps with a rubber sleeve over them.  This mean that another wire is supposed to go in them and be crimped into place, but i don't think i am supposed to star splicing wires in my car, does anyone have suggestions?  There is a yellow wire labled "Constant 12V supply" and a red one labled "accessory terminal of fuse block".  The third wire is thich and black and has a connector on the end which maybe a pin connector would go into.  This wire is labled "car antenna".  Any Ideas anyone???
~ Ghost Zero ~
Samantha 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2002 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  
Is the cd stacker a fm modulated one?
Sam
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 24, 2002 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

Hey GhostZero,

Sounds like you have FM modulated player.  Is there a DIN connector (˝ inch round with 7 or 8 pins) or RCA's? No?  Then it's FM modulated.  Do you have a modulator (metal box with antenna in and out and power and ground connectors)? No? Then you have a 10 pound paper weight!  Anybody wanna buy a changer?!? Car Stero Connections - Last Post -- posted image.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic