icon

1998 Ford Expedition alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TrickDaddy 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2003 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
I just installed a Autopage 750 LCD alarm. I used to have a KARR 4040 that had the driver's priority door unlock. The Autopage is unlocking all my doors. I want the priority feature back with my Autopage. It has the priority feature but I'm not sure how to wire it. The site RelayHelp has a diagram on how to do it, but its confusing. It shows 1st unlock and a second unlock pulse, but my alarm only has one wire for this feature. It's the pink wire. How do  I wire this for priority unlock? Thanks in advance. I have a 1998 Ford Expedition
TrickDaddy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2003 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  

Hello All

I read the posts about 530t looking for a solution to my problems. I am trying to wire in 2 530ts. I have all the connections in order. As soon as I apply power the windows vent. The windows shouldn't vent as soos as you apply power, that doesn't seem right. Okay, continuing on, pressing the aux switch on the remote for window rolldown, the windows pulse down as if I'm playing with the aux button. I have a 1998 Ford Expedition with a Auto RS750 LCD. The window modules are new DEI 530ts. Both modules are doing the exact same thing. As soon as I hook up 12 volts, the windows receive an output. When I try to operate the aux on my remote for window rolldown, the windows start and stop all the way down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tomberndt 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
try setting your output to the highest speed and hold in your aux button for about 5 seconds.  They should roll down smoothly.  If this doesn't fix your problem there is an alternative to the 530T.  Dei has a print out available through their techsupport on changing out some of the resistors in the module itself for more speeds.  Do not exceed the resistence value recommended.  I hope this helps.
TrickDaddy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2004 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  

Hey Tomberndt,

I figured it out. I need to have 12v from the battery, which I connected and fused with a 30 amp fuse. I set both 530t's to the highest setting. Everything is working good. The only thing thats kicking my butt is the driver's window. I cant get it to vent and roll down with the the rest of the windows using the aux output on my remote.  I can manually roll the left window down. I got one touch up for the driver's and all the other windows. I can't get one touch down to work for the driver's window. Still chipping away at it. Thanks for your response.

TrickDaddy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2004 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  

Help Please1998 Ford Expedition alarm/remote start - Last Post -- posted image.

I can only get one chaneel to program on my 450T. I have the manual and I am following the instructions to the letter. I have the 450T installed in a 1998 Ford Expedition. I'm using the trunk output channel set to a momentary putput. The alarm is a Autopage RS750 LCD. The manual that came with the 450T states "the 450T needs an output the instant the alarm is pressed"  My trunk output on the 750 LCD is programmable. I got 8 possible settings. When I press the trunk release on the Autopage, regardless of the number of presses, the 450T outputs 1 chirp indicating "Channel 1 is programmed" All other channels apprear to be off. That's not possible according to the manual, only one channel can be off at any given time.

My Questions:

1) How do you reset the 450T?

2) Anyone have any similar problems?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic