Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2003 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
lol.......i was wondering when someone was gonna figure it out......haha
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2003 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
Bondo should work good for those project but just take a marker and circle all the dips then get mixed up bondo and put dots of it on and dont wipe with a spreader or nething. Let it all dry do its like a bump and then sand it down.
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
hbk00 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2003 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replies about the dimples I talked about sorry my descriptions wasn't clear but never the less I got it done. Now its all nice, smooth, no dips, just perfect and wet sanded ready for paint or am I, is there any things else I should do or make sure of before I start priming then painting? I want this to look as perfect as possible.. thanks guys
go custom or go home!!
pjon 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2003 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  

is this what you are talking about?? Its just a photo i found on another forum. -justin

http://www.neverwin.com/new/golfball.bmp

hbk00 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2003 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
thanks guys for the help with my "dimple" plague sorry for the vague description in the begining but never the less I got it done. Pjon, you hit it right on the head that pic was exactly what I was talking about. Anyway my new question is there anything else I should do to prep for painting? I've finnished sanding completly all the way through 2000g wet. Now is there anything else I should do prior to paint for me to get the best result. Now I know about getting a sandable primer and sanding that as well to a baby butt smooth finnish, is there anything I'm missing? Thanks in advance
go custom or go home!!
pfitz 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2003 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  

Clean!  Make sure the surface is clean and the area you are spraying are clean, more than a few times one of my kids finger prints surfaced after I started painting and dust is always a problem.

I like to use an etching primer.

kustomcarluvr 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2003 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  

Just make sure that you are not sanding with anything much over a 240 grit paper, the primer and the paint need something to hold to.

Matt

Crooked 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2003 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
Number 1 Rule working with bondo.....minamize to a minimun......when you put it on..use single edge razor blades,  do areas at a time, soon as it starts to kick off on part..scrape off with blade to an almost flush....dont take to much(you'll be reappling it).should take a few sanding strokes....and always wet sand whenever possible, sandpaper cuts alot quicker, and it dont get clogged up on you. a few tips for yea.....can ask me just bout anything, about composites/fiberglass/tooling.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic