icon

JL W7 vs. Earthquake Magma

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ricetech 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2003 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
just wondering what the opinions are out there. I'm looking to put one or the other in the back of a 4 runner. any input would be apreaciated.
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2003 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  

Brahma 12's would be a cheaper way. They are darn good subs as well...even cheaper would be the shiva's

Also Eclipse subs are..well the best...lol.. thats if you want to spend lil more

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
ricetech 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2003 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
are the brahma or eclipse subs as good of an spl sub as the earthquake?? i was just on the earthquake website and it looks like they kick azz. however i am not familiar with brahma.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2003 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
Eclipse, nuf saidJL W7 vs. Earthquake Magma -- posted image.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Preimmortal 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2003 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  

First off, I wrote this Very Long Reply to help you as much as I can, so please read it through and gain the knowledge that took me a while to acquire. The brands that I will show you at the bottom are great brands that can truly hold up against the Industry's best. Once you get familiar with those brands, do a search online and see who uses them and why. Now second, how much money do you wanna spend?  If it is a lot you wanna spend for a great SQ/SPL system, most of the brands stated (JL, Eclipse,...) will go a long way. If you are interested in having an awesome SQ/SPL system , there are some more sights you should check out RIGHT NOW!!! There are a couple of companies that make Great subwoofers for less than the cost of a JL or Eclipse sub and also have great customer satisfaction teams. I have a list of companies under this paragraph that will help you onto your quest for sonic bliss. Notice that the most expensive and best sounding subs have a huge/deep  motor structure(magnet) and a large amount of Xmass("excursion"- what moves the air and makes BASS!). The Magmas one-way excursion is half an inch(13mm) with a Measly 500 Watts RMS, while all of the companies listed beneath have models that regular 18mm Xmass and a 2.5" - 3" full stroke and can definately take more wattage and sound window-shattering while doing it.

First, Resonant Engineering: http://www.respl.com/flash_index.html             They have GREAT SUBS for all applications, make sure to check out the pics! Definately check them out! If you want a place to buy them, check out http://www.visionaryaudio.com/RE.htm

Second, Elemental designs(Best Buy): http://www.edesignaudio.com   They also have great subs made by geaky car audio Freaks! 3 different models in fact, the K, the O, & the A. The A is their top woofer and the MOST EXPENSIVE @ $315 for the 15"!!!! It contains Dual Spiders, a 200 something ounce magnet and a flat-piston cone, like the rest of the line. And all the subs are backed up by their 3 YEAR WARRANTY!!!! For this price what is being purchased is unheard of. You can purchase this companies products on their websites.

ricetech 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2003 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
Preimmortal, thanks for the info. i think i will go with the elemental subs they look pretty kick azz. thanks again man!!!
Preimmortal 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2003 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  

Ricetech, which subs are you getting from Elemental Designs? The A's? Well whichever you are getting, make sure you have a box "BUILT" for them. Don't go with a prefabricated one. Because if good money is being spent on some great subs at least compliment them with a manufactered spec box. If you are going to put them in a ported box make sure you have an amp that has a steep crossovered Subsonic filter. If you want I can help recommend a good class D amp for any application.

Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 02, 2003 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  

Just a heads up.  The ED 15A sub is on backorder for quite a while. 

I'm with Maxst on recomending the Brahma's.  They cost a little more than the A, but have a little better SQ.  Output should be the same.  You can buy those from Visionary Audio as well.  It is owned by Marshall, a friend of mine.

BTW, the XXX (by RE) is a VERY similar sub to the Brahma. 

ricetech 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2003 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
i will definatley build a custom box. i hate that pre-fabed crap. i was thinking of going with the ED A series 12, and running it with a tsunami DB 1100. what do you guys think??
thanks again for all the help!!
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2003 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds pretty good to me!

http://adireaudio.com/mobile_audio/drivers/brahma_series.htm

theres the Brahma- very good stuffJL W7 vs. Earthquake Magma -- posted image.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic