icon

91 mercury grand marquis bulldog 5002

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigmike022 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2003 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 91 mercury grand marquis 4 door . im not sure if the doorlocks are type A or type C. i have 2 relays and need a little help wiring them correctly. can someone give me some advice??
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2003 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  

the locks in this vehicle are Reversal at reset ground

Lock - pink/light green(-) - driver kick panel

Unlock - pink / YELLOW(-) - driver kick panel

Also, these cars quite often have the two wires backwards, so test them

bigmike022 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2003 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  

the instructions for my bulldog model 5002pro doesnt clearly or properly state the correct way to wire the overide switch. it has a two pin plug with 1 of the wires not attached to anything and the other one going to the switch. from there, the ground (which i have grounded securley)where does this loose wire go, positive or ground???? or could it be anything else?my ignition wire is connected. any help would be greatly appreciated.

zargon 
Copper - Posts: 186
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2003 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
the loose wire goes to ground, if the bull dog does not se ground through the switch it will not start the car.
zargon ruler of estranorth
bigmike022 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2003 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
ok ill try to ground it . i didnt try to do that because i grounded the ground wire coming  off of the switch. the loose wire comes out of the plug with the overide switch 
zargon 
Copper - Posts: 186
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2003 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
don't ground that wire i dont know what it is without instructions
zargon ruler of estranorth
bigmike022 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2003 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  

well it pictures it going to a anti car jacking switch which i did not receive

bigmike022 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2003 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  

i have type C doorlocks. so i connected two relays as shown on the bulldogsecurity website . it said type C reverse polarity. im havin problems with my module getting the negetive signals from the keyless entry wires. so i used the - acc. wire. it will unlock the doors but when i tried to see if it would lock the doors it wouldnt. however when i touch the wires to the frame and ground them the door will lock and unlock . another thing i was wondering , i saw the diagram for my doorlocks on 12volt website and there were two wires different then the other diagram i saw. it was on the unlock side . the #s 85 and 86 were switched 85 gettin +12 volt and 86 was the wire from the keyless module. on the bulldogsecurity website 86 getting +12volt and 85 wire from keyless module. can anyone help me figure these problems out

bigmike022 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2003 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
i have been connecting keyless entry and illuminated entry with relays to my 91 mercury grand marquis. i have a bulldog 5002 pro alarm. i guess im not getting enough negative power from some of the wires coming from the brain because it wont switch the relay. when i touch the wire from the relay to ground on the frame they all work fine. the alarm has been sitting for about 2-3 years, could this have caused the problems. i just recently decided to install it and have had so many problems im thinking about buying a new system. can anyone help
mikeshonda750 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2003 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  

Im not an expert, but I just finished with a 92 town car. Yeah they are different years makes and models but still a ford and probably similar. If i recall correctly it was a positive pulse system per our software at the shop(or maybe it was a negative pulse.. or reverse polarity hell i dont remember). Anyways, after lots of digging and testing I finally broke down and pulled the door panel apart. Using a jumper wire directly from the door switch to -/+ i found the problem. Every sheet i pulled up off of several CD's and out of several manuals, even our Mitchell were all wrong. The car required no relays at all, just some added wiring from the factory doorlock relay system (buried behind the glove box) and i was in buisness.

I dont really think i answered your question other than to not trust everything you read. With the keyless entry wires, simply try going from your alarm/starter/ect directly into the back of the drivers door lock switch and see what you find... may not need a relay at all. Then again.. im no expert

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic