icon

warren g speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bfog99 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2003 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  

according to besybuy.com they have a 350W RMS rating each.

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2003 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
tee17 I have not personally heard those Warren G signature subs, but I have talked with those that own them as well as some that have heard them. No one had anything negative to say, they all said that they hit hard and clean. Now I don’t know what setup your buddy has and can’t guarantee that your setup will be louder. But if you set yours up correctly (proper amp, enclosure gains, etc) it should sound pretty good be nice and loud. Here are some amps you may want to take a look at, the Planet Audio P850D http://www.purecaraudio.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=284 The Kicker KX800.2 http://www.purecaraudio.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=206 Fosgate 851s http://www.purecaraudio.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1872  And the Audiobahn A8001DT http://www.justaudiobahn.com/product_detail.htm?loppa=33703ii1211a54j248&&ID=CD&cco=BR&PID=A8001DT Those are a few good quality amps that are near your price range, that would be a good match for your subs.
tee17 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2003 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
the reason i want to know is because i have had two  12's and its like i got immune to them or they werent loud enough for me anymore so i need something i can listen to for a long time with out having to change my system and to also make a few heads turn
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2003 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
Add an Audio Control Epicenter, may be just the toy you need,
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
JL3GEclipse 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2003 at 2:44 AM / IP Logged  
if you friend has 3 12"s then to get equal or greater volume with 2 12"s you are gonna need significantly more power to get there. ROB, help me clarify here if I am off.  If you and your friend are using the same amount of power he will be roughly 2-3dB louder than you (slightly noticible depending on cabin gain).  If you want to hit his number you would have to double the power or add a third sub (same power). You can also gain a few dBs by using a ported enclosure.
tee17 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2003 at 6:42 AM / IP Logged  
what is the audio control epicenter? where would i find it? and i want to thankeveryone for there input and help
tee17 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2003 at 7:50 AM / IP Logged  

someone mentioned to me in my last topic about an audio control epicenter, i found one one ebay for like 20.00 bucks but it does not have a bass knob. i have a bass knob from a kicker amp that i had and i wanted to know if that knob will work.

tee17 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2003 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  
also can somoeone explain to me how i go about hooking the epicenter up
Durwood 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2003 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  

I love Epicenters - I've used one in every one of my personal cars since 1991.  It hooks up like an equalizer - between the head unit and the amplifier.  There are two RCA inputs, and two RCA outputs.   There's also an input for the control knob.  The control knob is connected to the main Epicenter unit by a telephone cord.  I don't know if the bass unit from a Kicker amp uses the same connection.  If not, AudioControl will sell you a new control knob for about $35.  If you can get the Epicenter on eBay for $20, and then buy the knob from AudioControl, that's still a *great* deal.  Used Epicenters with the knob usually end up going for $75-$100 on eBay.

As for what the Epicenter does, it's pretty slick.  It looks for bass notes that have been lost during the recording or transmission process.  It does this by looking for harmonics of the original note, and then calculating to see if the original note is still there.  If it's missing, it re-injects it into the music.  Here's an example:  Let's say your favourite band had a 30-Hz note in one of their songs when they performed it in the studio.  Some of it would have been lost by the microphones, some more would likely be lost during the mastering, and more will be lost when the radio station broadcasts it.  By the time it gets to your stereo, almsot all of that original 30-Hz note might have been lost, but there will be harmonics remaining at 60 Hz, 90 Hz, 120 Hz, etcetera.  The Epicenter can re-create the original note from the harmonics and put it back in the music.

The control knob tells the Epicenter how hard to look for harmonics, and how loud to make the re-created notes.  So, the Epicenter is more than just a bass booster, but it can raise your max dB a significant amount, and if you get silly with the control knob, it can turn a Beach Boys song into a trunk-rattler!

Scott Gardner

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2003 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  

Do not use any other knob other than the Audio Control piece, even though they look the same and plug in the same, the electronics inside are usually drastically different. The Epicenter goes into the signal path before the amplifier, unplug the rca's from the sub amp and plug into the input on the Epicenter, output from Epicenter back to amplifier. Some Epicenters also use a line driver in them (another nice toy!), you may have to turn the gain on your amp down (a good thing).

JL3gEclipse, no, not always. There are a lot of other determining factors in output of subs other than cabin gain. ie: Ported or sealed box, type of music played, surface area of the drivers, throw of the drivers, efficency of the subs, effeciency of the amp, are the vehicle the same..... A nice example of this was a camaro we recently did with 1 10" MB Quart refence RWC254, 1 1.25 cu.ft. ported box (slot port 1 x 6 x 7") driven from a Lightning Audio B350.1 (really nice sub - OK amp) It hit 138.9 db in the first contest he entered, and handed alot of dual 12" drivers their walking papers. So it is not always the number of brand of anything or how many watts, it is how the equipment is matched together and used.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic