icon

How Good Are Audiobahn Products?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JL3GEclipse 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2003 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged  
this wealthy kid out here in Cali has 6 12" audiobahn subs and an audi A6,  they hit hard as hell as long as he gets new ones every one to two months depending on what kind of listening he is doing.  In their defense he treats trips around town like a dB Drag.  Still wouldn't recommend them in the long run.
kickin02galant 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2003 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
i have 2 12" ALUM12s and i have had them for 3 years and they are still playing hard and loud.   and those subs did take some abuse from crappy amps.
eternalrollaz 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2003 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  

I think audiobahn is pretty good, Ive owned about 6 audoibahn woofers and 2 amps over the pasy few years and never had a problem, you just have to by the right stuff. A guy that i work with just has 1 12" immortal sub in a ported box hitting 149. But it all depends on what you like, when i have the money i buy JL.

CharlzO 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
My personal experience: I have never run anything but Audiobahn amps and subs. Never had a problem, never had a glitch. I've had my step-brother replace his MTX's with a pair, and they hit harder, and louder. This was a few years ago, mind you, but they still hit as hard as the day he got them. I only had one issue with an amp, and that was because the mount I had broke, and it ripped the RCA plugs from the amp (which was replaced free of charge). I personally like the looks, and never had a problem. For those who say they rip off others, who are they ripping off? I'm not saying you're lying or anything, since I know lots of companies use the same products, I was just wondering who else they're using.
I had bad credit. Anyone have any they can loan me? lol
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  

Audiobahn is ALL features and barely any performance. Audibahn at the drawing board: Hmm lets put some chrome here a know there ohh yeah..... I guess we have to include an amp :( (picks up oem supplies and shoves them in to amp) that'll do.

customsuburb 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  

Audiobahn is ALL features and barely any performance. Audibahn at the drawing board: Hmm lets put some chrome here a knob there ohh yeah..... I guess we have to include an amp :( (picks up oem supplies and shoves them in to amp) that'll do.

Clean Install 
Silver - Posts: 446
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
customsuburb wrote:

Audiobahn is ALL features and barely any performance. Audibahn at the drawing board: Hmm lets put some chrome here a knob there ohh yeah..... I guess we have to include an amp :( (picks up oem supplies and shoves them in to amp) that'll do.

I've heard something to that effect....I cant really say that I dont like audiobahn,(never owned any of their products)...a friend has 2 12's and they sound alright I think.....

If we learn from each success and
each failure, then we can improve ourselves
mikep3 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  

Audiobahn is really good for a cheap midrange system. As long as you buy at the right places you can get brand new stuff really cheap. All I ever hear is how good JL is but thats of course if you have a couple grand to spend on a system. If your looking for a decent system at a reasonalbe price audiobahn is the way to go. I've had experience with 5 subs 2 amps and 2 pairs of components. All have worked exeptionally well and none have blown. Plus they have good looks. I would not hesitate to buy Audiobahn in the future.

Mike 

customsuburb 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
BS about how JL's low priced systems arnt good. I have JL's  low end stuff in my ride and I wouldnt even dream about replacing them with audiobahn junk. They overrate their products badlly. A $90 sub handling 400 watts RMS? I dont think so. Audiobahn can play loud but sound bad. Like I was saying above they like the bells and whistles not the performance of their products.
mikep3 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
What low end JL are you talking about. I went in to hear what a JL 500/1 could do. They used it with some entry level JL subs. I was thoroughly unimpressed with the JL subs. The amp is good and has great features but again the price is high. I'm not putting down JL, especially the higher end stuff, but compared to lower end JL and others you get way more with the Audiobahn. 
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic