icon

How Good Are Audiobahn Products?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
customsuburb and I have the same feeling toward the brand. Looks sell. Make it flashy and someone will buy it. Chrome is nice and looks cool, but cost money to make. The engineer should be designing with better quality caps, higher amperage output devices, and more precision devices! I very much doubt the power ratings. Lets not forget speakers are motors. They need current to move. Manufactures list high specs which are usually voltage measurments. Higher current requires more and better devices.
These amps and made and marketed for the masses. Ebay is a prime example of how many Autobahn products are available. (notice the loss of resale value in six months). Yeh! they hit dude! fine. If your happy, Great. I listen for: how is the dampning?(ability to control the speaker cone). Is there enough power during transients? After a half an hour of playing does it sound the same? How much noise? I expect more from audio products than most, and the Autobahn brand has not impressed me. Listen to a Zapco (one of many high ends worth praise)compared with an Autobahn of the same power rating. You will then know why Zapco, even vintage products, go for high $$$ on the front end and the back. Quality In, Quality Out.
So many manufactures are throwing product off the assembly line just to make money. Brands that were once respected have fallen into the pool with the rest. PPI, RF, Orion, Hifonics just to name a few that have taken a turn but still have brand recogntion. Parent companies are going for faster and cheaper. Directed for example.
Mounted in your trunk, you gonna look at it or you gonna listen to it? Better available yes, are there worst. Yes.
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
i have great experience with audiobahn sstuff, althoug i only own an audiobahn sub, the AWt15X, and i am running 2 memphis 1000d's to the sub, and it takes the amps perfectley fine,  i have been runing the stuff for about 5 months now, and not had a single problem with there stuff distorting, breaking, "or sounding like crap after a few minutes", so i would buy audiobahn anyday, i nly have 1, 15, and my sh*t hits harder then my friends 25,000 alpine steroeo system, which has 4 12 inch type r's in it, so i owuld say it's not hsit, considering i hit 149.2 with it, i would say thats quite good for 1 15, especially since i bought it from a local store for only 700 bucks canadian, with a full 2 year warrenty, sure maybe there low end 90 dollar subs suck, but oh well, don;t buy there low end stuff, look at rockfords punch Z subs or whatever they are, those things cost like 150 bucks, and they are thiew sh*ttiest subs i have ever heard,
wayland1985 
Silver - Posts: 353
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  
I own several audiobahn products as of yet:  A4601Q 4 channel amplifier,  A18001D mono amplifier, and 2 Aw1206t woofers.  I have never had a problem with any of their products, whether it be quality or construction.  They seem pretty stout, and have taken a bit of a beating.  Nothing wrong at all.  Just makes me wonder.....when did the rest of you "haters" try Audiobahn?  Have you ever even had an Audiobahn product in your car, or are you just basing your "reviews" on what you have heard?  Also, audiobahn is a fairly new company.  Did you use products when they were still a small company, with very little experience (i.e. the late 90's?).
~wayland
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
Audiobahn products are fine for what you are getting. If all you want to do is compare them to something else and have something to brag about, sure, they're not going to stand up to JL Audio or Eclipse or Kicker or <insert name here>. Audiobahns are from a mass-marketing company, so they're not going to go so much for quality and reliability as they are for value and aesthetic appeal. But they sound good and will generally do the job well. If someone says they're crap, it's only because they want/have something better, so they look down on them. Audiobahn is definately NOT top of the line, maybe not even middle of the pack, but they still are good for the value, regardless of whether they inflate their numbers or not.
VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
rudydecc 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  

Alpine Guy wrote:
there a cheep brand that makes there products "look" loud

how about *they're* a *cheap* brand that makes *their* products "look" loud...   if your going to bash a great product spell it right

I din't know s#%$, dont act like it... and sure as f*&$ gonna try and learn it
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
sh*t, i have yet to see audiobahn products where i live at. and havent heard them. but they do have MA audio and i do have a set of 12"s and they hit hard, and there in a sealed box as well, i plan on putting them in a ported box. but if MA audio is they're lower end stuff to them then audiobahn must be good.
xTimx
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
sh*t, i have yet to see audiobahn products where i live at. and havent heard them. but they do have MA audio and i do have a set of 12"s and they hit hard (139dbs), and there in a sealed box as well, i plan on putting them in a ported box. but if MA audio is they're lower end stuff to them then audiobahn must be good.
xTimx
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
Mikep3 what are you smoking? Maybe its the smell from an audiobahn amp that doubles as an air freshener and a fancy door stop. JL's W0 subs (the ones i own) could beat audiobahn any day. If Audiobahn claims that their AWC12T sub can handle 500 watts RMS they must be drugged. I think thats a peak power handling level (if that even). And why does everyone keep saying that so and so's audiobahn subs hit hard? So what Id like to see them hit hard and sound good with some complex recording at full blast like Dont Know Why by Norah Jones or even heavy rap songs. Feeding those subs 500 watts RMS from a zapco or JL amp and not blowing them isnt gonna happen.
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
jl, lol, i would not buy jl if my life depended on it, pverprcied and overratted my friend, junk,m i hate jl more then pyrmaid, i have had w7's, jl 1000/1 in my car, you pay so much for the name there, the sub alone retails for about 1000 bucks retail at stores, why not buy a pioneer tsw-5000spl, or my sub for instance, i blow that sub away in spl, i may not have even close to as good of sq as a jl, but who gives a sh*t about sq, i care about spl, and if i want spl, im sure not oging to buy JL, you can say there middle end low end, say whatever you want, maybe us people have it that are aying it;s good, must have just gotten luckey right, lol, or maybe you have never used any of ther estuff, or just used there 90 dollar subs,
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
I'm talking about sound quality 97neon. If you want an spl sub get one. I want one that sounds good and still plays pretty loud. But really you think JL is junk. Not really since they dont just use off the shelf crap like most brands do (cough PIONEER) and actually care about how their subs sound more then they do on how it looks.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic