icon

Writer needs help with sound laws

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2003 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  

wvsquirrel, some states to have a db level that is considered to be obnoxious, but the question is how can you measure DB's in a living environment when you can't control all of the variables.

In regards to quota's, police do have quota's to meet in regards to tickets.  Your state may say that it is not true but speak to any officer and if they are honest they will tell you that they do have a set number of tickets to write per month. 

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2003 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry guys, I did not mean to confuse an issue, in Canada the RCMP (the guys in the red duds with beaver felt hats that ride around on horses) do not have a quota for tickets. I overlooked the fact that most of you guys are in the states and laws or quota's apply differently. Did not mean to single out a harley rider either, I've heard lots of loud bikes.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2003 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
Free country but stupid rules and laws everywhere you look. Noise ordinances that single out car stereos but not the harley bike that rattles your whole house as it goes by( no offense to any bike owners as i like them too but they are louder than most stereos), had a new neighbor throw a party back in the summer, they thought it would be cool to have a live band playing out in the yard for everyone to hear, very inconsiderate and rude in my opinion, i called the cops, they were like what are we supposed to do about it?!?! Im like ok you will ticket a car with a loudstereo thats driving around but its ok for these people to drive the neighborhood insane?? Needless to say that party got ended abruptly. Another law that reallyu gets under my skin is the damn seatbelts laws. Required by law to wear them in a vehicle where your whole body is surrounded by lots of metal and plastic, BUT, by law its ok to ride a motorcycle where you whole body is exposed and they dont even have to wear a helmet if THEY choose not to!! Yeah, this makes alot of sense to me. More like free country but you have to do what they tell you too. Sorry, just needed to do some venting and this topic seemed like the one to do it on....lol...Writer needs help with sound laws - Page 3 -- posted image.
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2003 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  

Its me again, just wanted to pass on an article in my local paper today. They are wanting to redo the noise ordinance in my town to make it harsher. They want to double the fine, which is $250 now, plus they want an additional penalty of up to a year in jail!! Crazy or what. But later on the article a local attorney points out that its hard to enforce due to the lack of standards and usually the court only gives a $25 fine. Then he goes on to say how they only enforce it in certain areas instead of all areas. Then the part i thought was right on the money is how he called this "the anti hip-hop ordinance", its not to stop the noise, it is enforced almost exclusively against the young people who are driving around playing hip hop.

Anyways, thought you all might like that.

audiophyle247 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2003 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
I have come to find that people who play their music extremely loud inresidential areas seem to lose their equipment. I have several neighbors whose kids all have "Bitchen Systems" & they stay up late "tweekin" the system @ full volume to get it just right. After a couple of weeks I noticed all of their vehicles had been broken into & theis sh*t stolen. This I think is funny & just. One of the vehicles was parked in a garage w/ the door half open. My car is generally parked on the street, or edge of my driveway. I have a couple thousand invested into my vehicle & have had no problems. People get what they deserve, simple as that. You just have to be patient.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic