the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

flashing headlights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dyer 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
I would like for my headlights and taillights to flash in a wig-wag pattern. I would like for them to go off when the alarm is triggered and when i activate them by a switch. I figure i need 2 whlen 2150a units. Is this correct? Any suggestions would be great.
Dyer
Geeque 
Silver - Posts: 310
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2003 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  

Why?

You could probably get away with usin the alarms flashing light trigger and some 30A relays.

Gary Kline
MECP Master Technician
Geeque 
Silver - Posts: 310
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2003 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
Isolate the triggers.
Gary Kline
MECP Master Technician
dyer 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2003 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
i want the lights to flash in a series of patterns. The reason I need it on a switch is for use as a volunteer fire dept. vehicle. Thanks for the replies.
Dyer
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2003 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
If you wanted it to be a pattern, then yes using the Whellen, Federal, Nova star units would serve that purpose.
Just so you know the prices for 4-6 channel 90 watt strobe kit, has come down to almost $150.00 USD.
Those two units combined almost cost as much and do not offer the same level of flexability, nor the light penatration for distance as a standard strobe unit.
I would suggest that you take a look at a few key sites and compare prices.
The time involved is alot less for an entire pre-fabricated power supply with strobe heads, then it is for wiring it into your alarm, etc.
This was the same scenario I had to consider myself 3 years ago.
I havent looked back since, and have so much more flexability for effects and strobe patterns.
Just my thoughts
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic