icon

2004 grand prix remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Legrones 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2003 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
hi i am putting on a remote starter on a 2004 gp and i went to dei and got the wiring info but i dont under stand when it says like ( plug c1 on bcm pin 12 ) how do i read the pins on the bcm harrnes thanks .....cory
Dale / Cory
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2003 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
sometimes there are very little numbers or letters on them......you can always look for the wire color and ALWAYS TEST WITH A METER!
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2003 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
this is what is would do, since its a Body Control Module, i would go find the module/box and rule out all the other harnesses
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2003 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
Here's my information on this car with the BCM and the plugs listed:
http://www.installz.com/wiringdiagrams/2004pontiacgrandprix.gif
Plug C1 would be connector 1 etc..The pins on this car are hard to count I basically just verify one of the wires and use that to figure out where the rest of the wires are. I'm also curious to see what DEI says about the ignition/accessory wires on this car what all has to be powered up if you or anybody could post it that would be great. Good luck I've done a few of them if you have any problems feel free to ask.
Mike
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2003 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
Mike,
Off topic: Are you a member of this site?
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
NowYaKnow 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2003 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
I own installz.com if that's what your referring to?
Mike
HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2003 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  

where is your data coming from for your sheets?  it says for the 2004 grand prix to use a key in a jewel box to bypass PKIII????  umm...PKG4 and 5 work nicely....

b

NowYaKnow 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2003 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
"it says for the 2004 grand prix to use a key in a jewel box to bypass PKIII????"
Are you saying a key in the box type won't work on a PK3 car? I can assure you it will..
"umm...PKG4 and 5 work nicely...."
Also can you confirm that either of these work on a 2004 Grand Prix?
Straight from bypasskit.com:
PKG5 is designed to temporarily bypass select GM PASSKEY III (*Except Grand Prix) anti theft systems when remote starting.
Then on their website it does list the PKG5 for the 2004 Grand Prixs. Also I have tried a PKG4 on this car (their website only lists it for Grand Prixs up to 03) and was told by their tech that it won't work..At that time I didn't have access to the PKG5 bypass so didn't have much choice. Perhaps you've had better luck than I have on the '04.
On other applications I have used both the PKG4 and the PKG5, they are nice! Unfortunately around the christmas season things are so crazy I don't have time to screw around to see which bypass will work and change it out a few times I just go with the sure thing. If you can verify either one will work thats great I will give it a shot. And finally remember not everyone carries these products I'm sure a bunch of people have no idea what a PKG4 or 5 are, but they'll recognize a "key in the box" type bypass and know what will work..
Mike
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2003 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
I've heard the system on the 04 Grand Prix called Passkey 3+.
And from what I have heard, no bypass is available. DEI says you need to use a spare key in a 555U or whatever other stash the key method you use.
Legrones 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2004 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  
hi i am looking to put a remote start on a 2004 grand prix..using omega comfort start and a pkg5 bypass so i am looking ahead and seeing arm and disarm wiring info and was trying to see if i need them it is not an alarm it is just a remote starter/////////////// and is it just better to use the bypass that uses the key on bord in sted of the pkg5 that does not need a key   ........cory
Dale / Cory
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic