icon

Amp Bridge

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jakita 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2003 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
OMG have fun guys it looks you are having fun learning.  You might not want to bridge the amp though unless it has directions to or says that it is two ohm stable.  If not you might harm the amp and or sub not that they are anything special.
Alien509 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2003 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
I doubt his low powered single woofer produces a 2 ohm load <_< >_>
jakita 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2003 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Yes Alien you are very correct.  The point was not that the driver produced a two ohm load but the amp always sees less resistance when it is bridged.  What I am saying is if you put a four ohm load on a bridged amp it sees a two ohm load.  When a four ohm load is on a single channel it will see a four ohm load.  This is why you must see if the amp is two ohm stable.  If it is then you can either brige it with a four ohm load or you can put a two ohm load on each individual channel.  I know it sounds wierd but I swear I am not making it up.
raico 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2003 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged  

thanx guys

the manual for the amp is tiny. Thats why It doesnt say anything about it being bridgeable or Ohm stable but 4 ohm per channel. The only thing (i looked it up in the amp manual) is that it says "dont connect the (-) terminals of the 2 output channels together" (a parallel circuit, right?). So i wanna connect it in serial instead. would this be possible or is the manufacturer hinting that bridging is not a good idea?

The whole setup is cheapo like i said. All im trying to do is tweak around with the crap ive got. I just cant buy anything else at the mo (im broke).  ;-(

thanx for the help

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic