icon

Remote start 93 trans am

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
clearman 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2004 at 1:58 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, i did hook into the brown wire. I cant find an orange, i have two pinks comin out of the ignition wire harness. they are both hot during run and start.
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  

i havent personally done one of these cars so im not 100% positive, but based on normal GM wiring (AND DEI's techsoft program), you should be using the orange accy wire.  it could be a smaller gauge than the other wires up there.  test for it with a DMM.  i know on 2000+ GM trucks the starter wire is a lighter gauge yellow wire, instead of one of the heavy wires most people are use to.

id be hoping someone who has done said vehicle sees this post and can reply, im just offering some ideas Remote start 93 trans am - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
be careful if you do not power up the third ign wire the trans will not shift out of first on many gm vehicles
clearman 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
I am just curious, but what exactly do the 2nd and 3rd ignition wires do. Do they power the accessories or what?
dyer 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  
I varies on the car. I know for example that on some gm trucks you must catch the white 3rd ignition wire or the transmission won't operate correctly.
Dyer
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
yes that is what they do....they power up other things in the car or truck.....tranny....blower motor......some cars wont run unless they are powered up......
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
clearman 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2004 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  
I have an Ultrastart 2256M installed on my 93 Pontiac Trans Am. The lock and start features work great. Both the lock and unlock outputs are supposed to be negative. The lock is, but the unlock is not. It is actually putting out a small amount of positive voltage somewhere around 4.8 volts at the unlock pin for the plug on the box. Also, when the unlock is activated, there is no continuity to ground as I would expect there to be since it is a negative output. Is this a faulty remote start module or should I tear into it and try to figure out why it is not functioning properly. I am having trouble getting the person I bought it from or UltraStart to cooperate with me. What should I do?
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2004 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
i have had no prob from ultra start....did you check the lock wire to see if it is the same way???
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
clearman 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2004 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, I checked the lock wire. It is negative. Also, the locks work when I hook them up to the trunk output, which is also negative. I think something is messed up inside the remote start module.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic