icon

88 chev pickup, bulldog rs 82 remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dddieter 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2004 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  

I'm having trouble with a bulldog model rs 82 remote starter.  Idon't know which is the tach sensor wire from the coil.  I have an 88 chev pickup full size 350 V8.  The bulldog is grinding the starter after it starts the vehicle a couple of times then shutting the truck off.  There is 2 sets of a red and white wire coming off the top off the coil.  which one would be the correct on to use?

Thank You!!

David
ck auto 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2004 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
hi should be PURPLE / white at distributor or ecm behind glovebox also look for white wire with connector taped just under aircleaner assembly
good luck
kirk
7t3vette 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2004 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  

Goto www.bulldogsecurity.com there was a wiring mistake in the manuals.  I beleive they have the starter and accy wire reversed in manual.  Check the site out and see if this is your problem.

7t3vette

LittleBill 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
dddieter, if u have the 82I bulldog from walmart, i also had problems, when u finally figure out ur tach wire,connect it and program the unit, lol the truck probably won't even start, unit will click on then shut off, i went through about 2 hours looking at the damn thing wondering why my starter was saying on with the car started, and wouldn't fire up in tach mode, lol wiring schematic is wrong on the install, i had to reverse the wires for the starter and the accossory wire, the 2 on top of the box reverse the plugs and should work flawless 
LittleBill 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
lol vette where were u like a month ago
Kwazyace 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
dddieter I am having a similar problem with an 88 GMC Sierra- it does not shut down the truck, but I am getting that continuing squeal/grind after the truck starts. It also is now happening even with the key when I try to start it only after using the remote starter. I don't believe the tach wire will help because it does not have a problem turning over- it is after starting. Will the tach sensor help to release the solenoid? I have an email over to bulldog. I'll let you know what they reply.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic