icon

2003 F150 Valet 562T remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ericw 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2003 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone have the wireing diagram for a 2003 F-150 for remote starter? Also how do I go about bypassing the antitheft system with the chip in the key?
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2003 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
heres the link, do a search for more info
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
ericw 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2004 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone know what color and location of the wires for hooking up a DEI555F bypass module for my 2003 Ford F150
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2004 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
Location?? The two wires coming off the 555f get connected to your remote start. The pellet gets placed next to the key cylinder.
gardnerb1 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  

A few notes on the DEI 555f.  You need both keys for the vehicle and program them both as illustrated in the included directions.  555f's can be touchy.  if you run into trouble try moving the "eye" to a slightly different location around the key cylinder and also use wire ties or something similar to hold it in place as to not loosen up and move over time and driving. 

I just saved a ton on my car insurance! 2003 F150  Valet 562T remote start -- posted image.
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
I'm do an 03 F-150 Wed. Let me know what you fine out! Thanks.
ericw 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
Is there something better than the DEI555F? I just want something that isn't going to be a possible problem later on.
ericw 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing a Valet 562T remote start in my 2003 F150 and am a bit confused about the factory arm and re-arm wires. Do I have to do anything with these wires? Also the door locks say they are 5 wire positive but my remote start wire diagram says something about either + lock, - unlock or - lock, + unlock. I have installed a Prestige APS-685 in my 2002 chevy but the remote start directions said it didn't matter what polarity the locks where because the unit sent out both + and - pulses for lock and unlock. Do I have to add any relays to get either lock or unlock out of this unit. One more thing, The directions say to cut my starter wire and splice the key side to one wire of the remote start and the starter side to another wire of the remote starter. Can I just use the starter side of the remote starter wire and splice on to the starter wire of the pickup and use it like that as long as I don't care about the starter kill relay funcion?
tim400 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  

about the starter wire question- yes you can just hook up the starter output wire(purple)

the other wire is for if you want starter kill and ant-grind features.

tim g.
Haku 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  

My personal vehicle is an 03 F-150 Supercrew, install is easy, but throw that 555f out the door. (please no flames, just my opinion).  Use a PKF, which does not use a "eye".  I have used tons of these on installs.  Trilogix makes the PKF, see www.bypasskit.com

If you email me, i will email you back the diagram for the 2003.

Shawn

ip3@centurytel.net

Hak
Siemens Autostart
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic