icon

the basic system, tell me what you think

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Tatted 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, Picking up a little 1990 Acura Integra LS 2 Dr. toy in 2 weeks, wanted some ideas on speakers and so on. I'm thinking of setting up the system for SQ. Was looking at Infinity across the board for speakers and subs.  but then started looking to AudioBahn for the subs, and then to MB Quarts for the mids and highs. the MB Quart PCE213 5.25" 2Way Components for the fronts and MB Quart QSD 216 6-1/2" Components for the rear. I am worried about the sensitivity on the speakers being only 90 dB for the front and 85.5 for the rear. so I am also looking to the Boston Rallys RC520 for the front and RC620 Boston Rallys by Boston Acoustics for the rear. BUT the average on the BA's is only 90 for both setsthe basic system, tell me what you think - Last Post -- posted image.. while the average from Infinity will sit around 93-94 dB for both front and back. and the AudioBahn are around the same as the Infinites. My friends are kicking me in the ass to go with the MB's.  I want a warm sound. the whole car is going to be dynashielded and dynamatted. what do you think for mid's high's and sub's. I was going to go with Infinity for the subs but now im looking around and thinking of the the idea of 2-10"s  from AudioBahn. The AWP210T are sitting at a decent level across the board or going with the Sound Q series of subs for a bit more power. EX BASS HEAD what can I say I CANT GIVE IT ALL UP DAMMIT.the basic system, tell me what you think - Last Post -- posted image. so now I throw this to you guys what do you think ?

The basic difference between an ordinary
man and a warrior is that a warrior
takes everything as a challenge, while an
ordinary man takes everything as a
blessing or a curse.
-Don Juan
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  

If you’re looking for a SQ setup.  I would defiantly suggest you go with Quart the whole way around. Their subs will give you some amazing SQ but don’t expect to be hitting high SPL scores with them. For the subs you may also want to look at the Eclipse Aluminums, they will give you some excellent SQ but can be turned up for the times when you feel like a bass head. Also what amps and head unit are you going to be using? That will play a critical role in the sound of your system.

Tatted 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  

Ok here is the head unit I have right now...going to keep using it the Alpine CDA-9815 because of the 105 dB noise ratio. the Amps are up in the air. I have one Linear Power DPSQ50 here in the garage I'm thinking of throwing in another one for the front and rears. or I have a McIntosh MCC404M 4 channel that I can get a good deal on. now the sub amp, im thinking of Rockford Fosgate power 1000bd, thats a toss up. I just dont know yet. I guess that will be on what subs I go with. but again, its going to be for sound quality.

The basic difference between an ordinary
man and a warrior is that a warrior
takes everything as a challenge, while an
ordinary man takes everything as a
blessing or a curse.
-Don Juan
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
That’s a nice head unit and if you can get that McIntosh for a good price I would defiantly suggest that you do so. If you were to go with the Quarts, McIntosh and Alpine you will defiantly have a top notch for your mids and highs. The only thing that I would suggest is that you put Q series in the front since that will be your primary stage and the PCE in the rear for fill.  But for the lows are you looking for something that will just have good SQ or do you want something that will pound?  or do you want both? Also what is your budget for subs / Amp?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic