icon

Autopage RS850 car alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
davedyer79 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  

In the back of the installation manual, after the huge lists of programing features and remote start features, there is a small paragraph showing you how the reset the alarm back to factory settings.  Reset it and go directly to the remote start feature programming II, or ign on\off 3 time, 10 pushes of the valet, lock+unlock on the remote unitl 2 chirps is heard, then try remote starting it. (This is just off the top of my head, so check you install manual first). You can adjust it while in this programming option.  If it doesnt start, follow the instructions in the manual to adjust timer.  REMEMBER, pushing the LOCK button while in remote start programming will exit the programming mode.

Patience is a virtue.

davedyer79
cbowlin99 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2004 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  

I too am considering this alarm.  i have a 99 dodge dakota, and after being robbed 2x by my coworker i am tired of not having an alarm.  i was also considering an auxillary siren inside the cab as a painful deterent, anyone have a suggestion for that application?  also what kinda time frame am i looking at for a complete install?

Craig B.

Craig B.
socrates 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2004 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
davedyer79 wrote:

In the back of the installation manual, after the huge lists of programing features and remote start features, there is a small paragraph showing you how the reset the alarm back to factory settings.  Reset it and go directly to the remote start feature programming II, or ign on\off 3 time, 10 pushes of the valet, lock+unlock on the remote unitl 2 chirps is heard, then try remote starting it. (This is just off the top of my head, so check you install manual first). You can adjust it while in this programming option.  If it doesnt start, follow the instructions in the manual to adjust timer.  REMEMBER, pushing the LOCK button while in remote start programming will exit the programming mode.

Patience is a virtue.

socrates 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2004 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys,

I'm going crazy over this, I have gone trough over the wire connections and s till can not make my Autopage RS-850 LCD work properly.

Again it  will start, with the remote, beeps,(the remote) 4 times,  with a longer cranking time each time.

I'm affraid I will end up burning my starter motor.

Any more sugestions....Dave, any,one, wiil be greatly appreciated.

davedyer79 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
Hey Socrates, out of town for the weekend.  So I guess you got the RS to start the car, and now it cranks too long?  If that is the case, than you used voltage regulated or timer control option.  If this is the case, you need to adjust the timer control.  This can get confusing.  If you want, email me at davedyer79@yahoo.com with your number and I will give you a call and try to walk you thru the programming.
davedyer79
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic