icon

2003 chrysler 300m remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vetteluvr33 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
hi there, i am installing a rs in this car and i have it all hooked up, but the car won't stay running, it cranks and starts but after it starts it shuts down, if i start the car with the rs and leave the key in the ignition it will stay running, if i do not leave the key in the ignition, the security light on the dashboard flashes and then it won't stay running, i have the door locks hooked up with the right resistors and realys and they work fine. all of the diagrams that i have seen say that the factory alarm disarms through the door locks, is this wrong? is there another wire for the arm and disarm. any help would be great. please help me with any info, i will be greatful forever.2003 chrysler 300m remote start -- posted image.
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
You probably have a grey Sentry Key you will need to buy some sort of bypass for this either a key based unit or one of the new modules that you can code to the car.
Joe O'Byrne
Owner / Installer
vetteluvr33 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  

i already have installed the by-pass module with the rs, is it possible that i have a bad by-pass? i just put the same type of rs with by-pass in a 04 Dodge Ram, and it worked right away, but the ram did not have the factory alarm, the 300m does, how can i be sure that i am disarming the alarm?

kurt
vetteluvr33 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  

well, i finally figured it out today. on the chryslers, you have to program your by-pass with all the doors closed, and all the windows up. if you do not do this, the oem alarm will not disarm while you program the by-pass, therefore, the car will not start because the rs will not be able to disarm the alarm. Hopefully this info will help someone out there, because i racked my brain too much on this one, almost drove me to start drinking or something lol.

good luck to all

kurt
davec00 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
Kurt, I'm putting one on a 01 Sebring LX ( no alarm) and have a few questions about it. Do all chryslers need the bypass module or only the ones with the gray key? Mine is black. Where did you get the relays for the locks? Local parts store, ect? Are the relays needed? I've seen two wiring diagrams for the locks , one with relays and resistors, and one with resistors and no relays, but I can't remember where they were. I have the wiring color code for the car.
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2004 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  
Lock 2.7 K Ohms
Unlock 620 Ohms
It is a WHITE/ green wire below the fuse box in the drivers kick panel. Its positive and you should use relays unless the unit you have has them onboard.
If you have a black key, then you should not have the sentry anti-theft system.
I also have another source that shows this:
Lock is positive thru a 1800 ohm resistor, unlock is positive thru a 750 ohm resistor. Must use relays.
I do see another source that has completely different info, and doesnt appear to use resistors.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
vetteluvr33 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2004 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  

davec00

hi there, i had to use relays on this rs because the module sends a negative trigger, and this car needed a positive pulse for the locks. i bought the relays at a local parts store, you need a 5 pin, 87a, s.p.d.t (single pole double throw)relay. it really depends on how your rs functions. But, last week i put the same type of rs into a 2004 dodge ram, and it had negative door locks, but i still had to relay the door locks because if i just put the resistors inline from the rs, it would loop through the rs, and then the locks would not work at all, so the relays took a negative signal, and sent a negative signal, that way the resistors did not loop through the rs. it confused me, i even tried diodes, but they did not work.just take your time, and you won't fry anything. anymore questions, just ask, oh yeah, use a dvom instead of a test light.

good luck

kurt

certified auto technician

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic