the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Manual 2002 Eclipse, Remote Starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2004 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
Quoting myself from the first page of this thread:
"You will also need to bypass the passive anti-theft device. If you have 2 working keys you can get the PKU-MIT here which does not require the use of a key (just need 2 to program it):
PKU-MIT"
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
lukeforce 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2004 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
oh yeah,  thanks

ok, I have all components needed. -Step 1= add immob. bypass -Step 2= Bypass clutch -Step 3 = connect 5pin H3 connector -Step 4 prog. tach Step 4= Test

Does that sound like everything

jrilla 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2004 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
It sounds like you are planning on installing the starter features of the Viper. What do you plan on doing to ensure you dont try to start the car while it is in gear?
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
lukeforce 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2004 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
I never put it in gear, but when i do (such as parking on hills),rarely ever, I have a habit of putting it in reverse, therefor i'm using reverse light as NSS.And as for when its in the shop or something, Im adding a "safty relay switch" that will simply "disconnect", as you will, all the add-ons I'm installing (starter on Viper)and clutch bypass.   It will be like turning on and off the starter options with a switch, located in the car.  That way thers not possible way for someone to remote start it in gear on accident, in the hands of others. 

lukeforce wrote:
I never put it in gear, but when i do (such as parking on hills),rarely ever, I have a habit of putting it in reverse, therefor i'm using reverse light as NSS.And as for when its in the shop or something, Im adding a "safty relay switch" that will simply "disconnect", as you will, all the add-ons I'm installing (starter on Viper)and clutch bypass. It will be like turning on and off the starter options with a switch, located in the car. That way thers not possible way for someone to remote start it in gear on accident, in the hands of others.

Or maybe i'll simple have a switch to turn of the immoboliser bypas, that way you need the key to start it.

jrilla 
Posted: January 13, 2004 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
The immobilizer does not disengage the starter, it just disables the fuel system and perhaps the Ignition. The starter will crank though.
I just want to leave this as a disclaimer that this is a terrible descision and you should consult your insurance company and a good lawyer before doing this. If you ever tried to remote start the car and you had left it in gear and you hit someone and killed them you could do time and likely be raped. Ok so thats not the most likely situation, but it certainly is not impossible.
Think about it: 6 months down the line you are in a hurry and you leave it in gear. You accidentally start the car and your car lurches forward about 10 feet. Its bound to hit something.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
lukeforce 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2004 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, but in six months down the road I wont be starting it by remote.  I only want the starter for the early mornig days in the winter.  I wont start it "for fun" or "for show" its for heating the car up without me having to go outside.  Plus, after all this agony just to get it installed is going to be a HUGE reminder, that everytime, right before I exit the car, I will most definitly take and leave it OUT of gear.
Steveo_supremo 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2004 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  

Lukeforce, do yourself a favor and get the peripheral electronics neutral safety bypass. It will make your viper safe for your manual trans. Jrilla already posted a link to it, but here it is again. It is at the bottom of the page. http://peripheralelectronics.com/2002/security_bypasses.asp  

Using that is the same as using a remote starter made for a manual and is the only safe way to do what you want to do. You have to leave your car running in neutral witht he e-brake on, get out, shut the doors, and then shut the car off with the remote. If you dont do that, the remote start wont work. Once again, that is the ONLY safe way to do what you want to do.

lukeforce 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2004 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
Hey thanks...Manual 2002 Eclipse, Remote Starter - Page 4 -- posted image.
Steveo_supremo 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2004 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  

It comes with instructions.

spyderman_maryj 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2004 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  

I have the Lynx 2000 unit set up on my 2003 Eclipse and I think it works great.  Like some of the above posts, the unit is setup like a turbo timer... whereas when I turn off the key, the car stays running until I get out and close the door (obviously you cant get out with it running while it is in gear)  If you need to leave it in gear ie. on a hill, you can cancel the reserve mode manually by pressing the brake twice once the key is removed and the car shuts off.  It will not start by remote then.  Same deal if you open the door once it is into reserve mode... it will cancel and you have to start it by key.. press the brake (to take over from RS) and remove the key and get out.  I can see the danger of an improperly installed unit on a manual trans, (I guess there is ALWAYS some risk) but with this type system it seems pretty safe.

Thats just my 2 cents...

Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic