Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2004 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
its a 4 door
BElec223 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
 i just put in a ultrastart remote start in my stratus, the only thing i have to do is get the 555c bypass to work. i have the grey key and the car remote starts with the key in it, but i cant program the bypass. has anyone installed one of these things before. i have 12 volts going to it, but im not sure what wire form the remote start harness to hook  the other wire to. the instructions told me to ground the wait to start wire, and hold the bypass to the ignition. its supposed to turn on the dash lights and stuff, but not start the car, but the car starts like ist not picking up the bypass im stumped. any ideas would be great. thanks.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
I install the Ultrastarts every day. Are you using a TL1250?
Throw the instructions that came with the 555c away. Those assume you are using a DEI remote start.
I'll assume you have the horn wire hooked up. It makes programming MUCH easier. If you don't have it hooked up, I suggest hooking it up.
I always put the unit into diesel mode when programming the 555c. Do the following to do that
Key on-off-on-off-on
push button on antenna....horn should beep once
hit * button on remote
hit button on antenna 2 times....the led's on the antenna will then start flashing in groups of two.
hold button on antenna....horn will honk once, then a couple seconds later it will honk twice. release button.
hit any other button on the remote
turn key off....horn should give a long honk.
Attempt to remote start the vehicle with key in cylinder. Car should turn on for at least 15 seconds before attempting to crank. Once you have accomplished this you can move onto the following.
Connect the blue wire from the 555c to the orange wire on the remote start, connect the red wire to constant or ignition.
Take key 1, and turn ignition on for 8-10 seconds
Take key 2, and turn key on for 10-12 seconds. After 10-12 seconds you might hear a chime or the security light on the dash will start flashing. Remove the key.
Take the 555c capsule and hold it in front of the key cylinder just like you were inserting it into the key cylinder but about 3/4" away. Remote start the car. Ignition will turn on and security light will continue to flash. After 10-15 seconds the light should stay on solid, which means its programmed.
Now you need to secure it to a place near the key cylinder and put everything back together. Be sure to test it will start after you place i
BElec223 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
thanks you very much, im going to try it in the morning. thanks agian
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic