icon

humming caused by cellphone

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikep3 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

Here's my setup: Clarion HU, Audiobahn a8001d amp and a audiobahn aw1205q sub.

Whenever someone calls me on my cellphone or when I make a call I get a loud humming sound from my sub. I'm guessing I'm getting feedback through my system from my phone. Is there any way to stop this. It only happens from my phone none of my friends phones cause this problem. I have a nokia 33 something. The first small nokias without a antenna. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
1. Re-route the RCA cables from the HU.
2. Upgrade the RCA cables, which are more shielded.
3. Change the cut off freq of the unit(s) affected.
4. Shunt the antenna wire from the HU and the antenna mast.
5. Stop talking while your driving, as you are a theat to me, and everyone else on the road.
6. Get a new phone, which wont cause you brain cancer.
7. Reduce the gain on the amplifer.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
mikep3 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
thanks but you didnt have to give the last couple suggestions. One maybe I pullover when I get a phone call and 2 it makes this humming and popping noise while it switches from transmittiers not just while im talking. I am not a hazard to the road since i have a standard and it almost physically impossible to drive while talking. Also it has been suggested that cellphones dont give brain cancer.
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
It's just your phone there is no cure for the problem...   place your phone next to a computer and call it...  the radio emmissions will probably screw up your screen while the phone rings.
goldfinger 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  

I can feel your pain bud.  Mine does the exact same thing near any kind of audio equiptment, be it my computer speakers, headphones, car, whatever.  It doesn't even have to be extremely close  aslong as it's within 10 feet or so.  It almost sounds like a helecopter hovering. humming caused by cellphone -- posted image.

What kind of phone do you have?

mikep3 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
Its a nokia 3360
Teken 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
mikep3 wrote:
Also it has been suggested that cellphones dont give brain cancer.
Those are the same exact people who only 20 years ago, said that living under or near high output power lines has no effect on the human body.
They were wrong !!!
These are also the same people who say smoking isnt bad for you.
They were wrong !!!
These are also the same people who thought microwaves were too big to pass through a 1/4 hole.
They were wrong !!!
Anything that radiates RFI, EMI, ELF fields into the human body for prolonged durations will change the human tissue.
That is a fact . . .
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
mikep3 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  

I dont want to start something but my uncle works for a power company and he is NOT a mutated freak.

Yes maybe EMI, RFI and ELF fields do have some affect on the body in very high doses over a lifetime of use. Maybe, but there has been studies from reputable sources that state the use of a cellphone leads to no increased chances of cancer.

What is the difference anyways our bodies are bombarded from these fields by many sources that a cellphone does not really increase your chances of getting cancer.

Its like saying your safer if your only standing in a smokey room and not actually smoking yourself. Everyone thinks they can be safer by cutting out one thing and blaming that one thing when really it is a combination of things causing the problem!

regards

Mike

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
So Teken, your saying that everyone that works at any power plant will have mutated tissue. I DONT think so. By the way, I dont smoke.
Teken 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
customsuburb wrote:
So Teken, your saying that everyone that works at any power plant will have mutated tissue.
Read over what I wrote again. If you live near high output transmission lines, whether they be the sub stations which you see all caged up, or those area's which are grouped in four (towers) quadrants.
You will be affected by the EMI from them. I am not speaking about the building that monitors and distributes the power.
Regardless of that, perhaps you should ask your uncle why certain area's are shielded within the building from the rest of the on-line workers??
Do you think its to only to protect the computers?
humming caused by cellphone -- posted image.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic