icon

2003 Infiniti G35 - viper 791xv alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joebizz 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2004 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  

I got everything to work, wow guys help me on this one, my dash board is a mess, i have so many wires and i dont know what to do with them, im trying to hid them and shuv them in places and zip tie them and sitll my under dash board by my knees dont stay up correctly!!! wow where can i hid this stuff at????? PS.. the tech support had a picture of the WRONG brake pin harness, that is why it was shutting down!!! :)

abright52 
Copper - Posts: 137
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2004 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
That is always a problem, you may have to disconnect the wiring from the module and get everything tucked up and then plug it back in. Have you found a good spot for the module?
SDmustang21 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  

nice alarm...i got the same one installed in my mustang.  Came with a blue remote and a blue l.e.d....cool..my favorite color! 

I had mine professionally installed though...no time to diddle daddle between work and doin a custom radio install.   My hat's off to you man!

Got my car's inside's ....inside my room..bwuaa haa ha haaa haa.

Buy it, install it, play with it. Then take it back out, read the instructions, install it better!
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
since you know how alarm works and install, its now time to organize the wires, use as much split looms as possible to cover up the wires to make it look factory.
btw...i hate that biggo harness at teh rs relay pack, i cant split loom it.....crap!!!!!2003 Infiniti G35 - viper 791xv alarm - Page 2 -- posted image.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
joebizz 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
the relays are killing me, and so is that remote sattalite remote starter thing! oh well This was my first alarm install, next time i will understand and locate a spot for the alarm before i start to run wires! anyway I am really happy with it, i just think i have to swap the 555u because its giving me proublems, some times the car starts and some times it dont, but it always starts when i leave the chiped key in the ignition! hummm ::sigh:: all done im so proud lol
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
check your antenna ring on the 555u it may be moving or shorting out this would cause the car not to start sometimes.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
ill second to that idea that mobiletoys2002 mentioned, cause you need to get it to a good position on some cars.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
joebizz 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
its the 555u im going to swap it when i get a chance.
joebizz 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2004 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
I've tried everything, the white wire reads 14volts with my volt meter, and it goes from 14 to 0 back to 14, so i know its working, the fuse is okay, but i cannot find this wire anywhere Im sticking my + side of my volt meter into all the wires that this sheet says, and i cannot find the parking lights, I did find the RED / Blue wire in the drivers kick panel but when i test it, it reads 0 and when i put the white selectable lights +/- to it, it dont do anything..... i also tried to find the hazards lights and the reverse lights, still NO LUCK, the alarm works great this is my only prob tho, please help me.
bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2004 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
did you test the RED / blue wire to make sure its the right for the park lights. Also in the kick pannel is the BCM and it should be pin 34 if i remeber correctly.
"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic