Remote start problem viper 790xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kenhamr 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  

Hi, I need some help.

I installed a Viper 790 xv in my chevy diesel van 1990. And the alarm work fine. But the van has not a tech. I connected the tech wire violett / white to + in the car and adjust the alarm unit to read voltage sens.

When I use the remote control, the car start ok, but in five / teen second the car started again.

If I disconnected the voltage wire is make not a difference.

What is wrong?

Ken

Ken
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
you dont have to put that tach wire on anything leave it disconnected if not using tach.
YOu were not suposed to connect that to a positive wire this is a "AC" input so the unit can monitor pulses or rpms! Never connect this wire to anything when in voltage sensing. di dyou connect a glow plug input???
I would run a tach wire to a good tach source especially in a diesel!!
Im not sure if you have damaged the unit i dought that, but you will need to run that PURPLE / white wire to a tach source and program it the problem should then be fixed.
what kind of car do you have so i can supply tach info on it?
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
i show a wire that is white at the coil on top of teh motor this should be a good tach reference fo rthe viper. Check this wire with a voltmeter in the ac scale 10 volts or 20 would be fine. probe the white wire with the red lead and ground the black start the car this wire should read 2 -6 volts or so in ac and voltage will raise with engine speed.
kenhamr 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  

It's a chevy 30 diesel 6,2 full size van 1990. I dont find any tech signal  because its a diesel without tach. Det wire to wait to start in not connected yet.

Ken
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
try this take the key turn it in th eignition till the lights come on leave it on for 10 seconds turn the key off then remote start the car see what happens .you will need that wait to start connected before this will properly start from remote.
kenhamr 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,  the wait to start wire is not a problem. The problem is when the  engine has started and run. The unit dont understand at the engine is on, and then try to start again. It's not a good sound.
Ken
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
you need a tach then you will have to find one maybe off the tachometer ! if you find a tach this will solve your problems if you cannot find a tach post back there is other ways to solve the problem.
Fred Anthony 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah I got my tach wire right from behind the gauge pod, you should be able to get it there somewhere. Use a DMM (Digital Multimeter) the wire should read 1-6volts and increase as the engine rpms increase. The alarm doesn't know the engine is running because its not getting a signal on the tach wire. Correct me if I am wrong Mobiletoys,  cause you know your stuff.

Fred.

mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
thats correct Fred> he needs a tach reference to make starter work correctly especially in a diesel.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
listen Kenhamr if you persist on using voltage sensing disconnect that tach wire as it should never have been connected if using voltage and try to reprogram the voltage level. Disconnect the unit for a while and plug back in make sure it is set for voltage and see what happens,but if it to cold you are not going to be able to start that car without tach not eficiently. That tach will be a much more reliable way of starting and if you cannot find a tach post back I can help u.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic