Bandpass, Sealed or Other?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2004 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  

Id go ported.

If you have the room build a transmission line style box.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
Fosgate3 
Copper - Posts: 328
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2004 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah... IF you have room.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2004 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  

Solid info from fosgate3, nice to hear good advice and like he said here is one of his mentionings. I would head in the direction of 2 subs, if they are within the amps capabilities. Before I chose any sub or box combination I would want to know about the amp and the vehicle. It sounds like you have a one note wonder box, not what you imagined from a Diamond sub. Before you run out and buy new subs, I would build (or have built) a ported spec box for that sub, lets see if we can get it operating as it was designed to.

Why would I choose two subs over 1, generally speaking they can attain a higher spl than a single comparable driver, they usually play deeper, they tend to "smooth out" the bass response over a wider range of frequencies. A one sub system in most cases for most but not all people tend to get overworked on a regular basis, a two sub system does not need to be driven near as hard for the same results (in most cases), they can play to a louder sustained volume level for a longer period of time at a lower overall gain level as compared to the single driver. Now I' not saying that you must do this, this is just from pratical experience, I have also built numerous single sub systems that absolutely leave some dual sub systems in the dust, a reference 10" MB quart sub for example and pretty much any Eclipse aluminum or titanium driver as well. What do I use, a pair of Eclipse aluminum 10" subs in a MR2, ba bam.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
f1monkey 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2004 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all of the help and input. I'm leaning towards 2 10's right now in whatever box I finally decide.
I'm sure that all of the setups you guys have and have heard perform how you say they do and I wish I could drive up to the car audio store and hook up each setup in my trunk and decide from there. But, I can't and so I'll just have to make up my mind.
- Kyle
Fosgate3 
Copper - Posts: 328
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2004 at 7:11 AM / IP Logged  

"I have also built numerous single sub systems that absolutely leave some dual sub systems in the dust"

You and me both Forbidden.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic