icon

Help with kicker subs and ppi amp!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2004 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
you could look inot building your own ftler, a bandpass filter basically,   cuts the highs and super lows out but keeps the frequency's the sub can handle in   look on this site there are crossover help guides on here
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
BaddestBanshee 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2004 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I read the posts on subsonic filters. everything is still unclear. How do I get one? So, the Q bass on this amp does not have a subsonic filter. We got some little white crossover for 50 bucks. Is there an article or link to one and what they look like, or how to make one? How about a link or manufacturer name and model to one?
Want to know about Audi, I thought you did.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
The q-bass is not anything to do with a subsonic filter, it is as closely related to a subsonic filter as is your cat. Sounds like you are still confusing them. Harrison Laboratories makes a nice little subsonic filter that plugs into the rca lines, do a search and you may find their product lines. For a monsterous upgrade in performance have a look at processors made by Audio Control, it may be a eq or crossover that you look at but these guys build some rock solid componentry that will give you what you need and more. They can be found at www.audiocontrol.com. Hope this helps.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
BaddestBanshee 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.audiocontrol.com/MobileAudio/Products/index.html

http://www.hlabs.com/products/

Can you guys click on these and leave me a link to the subsonic filters? I cant find one that mentions anything about one.

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

Here you go.

http://www.audiocontrol.com/MobileAudio/Products/SpecialProcessors/index.html

If you have a look at the Epicenter it shows a pfm subsonic filter and any of the crossovers. I happen to like the Epicenter, it makes a sub go from having bass to getting shaken like a bowl of jello in an earthquake.

http://www.hlabs.com/technical/crossovers/

These fmods are handy little gadgets, they are a crossover simulator and they do a real good job. They are nowhere near as expensive as an Audio Control piece, but they do not do the same tasks as well.

What a subsonic filter is can be thought of as this. You have an amp on your front speakers, it has a highpass (hp) crossover to keep the damagaing bottom end from getting into the speakers. What the subsonic filter does is the same thing, it just does it at a much lower frequency. Hope this helps.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
BaddestBanshee 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic