icon

Audiobahn Immortal Series

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sbrock 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
The subs you are talking about are very good and I think they would really produce some good bass I have personly installed one 15 immortal that hit over a 150 so I see nothing wrong with getting 2 12 or any audiobahn products but everyone has there own opion on the products they like
kingfridae 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  

Let's talk facts:  Every line in car audio has an entry level speaker, amp etc.

This is the case with audiobahn and other major name brands.  I think a big problem is that there are alot of people that think they can go out and buy a 75.00 12 inch speaker and hit a 150db with it.  Anyone who thinks this needs to mature in this hobby.  The audiobahn 1251 is a good entry level speaker as long as it is not overpowered!  Same with JL or KICKER or whatever.  Alot of people have bought the lesser expensive models and overpowered them simply because they havent matured!  The Immortal is a hell of a speaker that can take a beating.  Most companys do not make a speaker of this calibur.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with audiobahn!  In fact they are one of the biggest, fastest growing, car audio companys out there.  My main point in this Reply is that Every company makes a entry level sub and they cant be judged on that.  -KF

sbrock 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
good job kingfridae I completly agree with you
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
audiobahn is pretty good man, some people just seem to hate it, i have awt15x, i hit 149.2 with 2 memphis 1000'ds, stock alternator, and it was in a 1997 dodge neon, no dynamat, im sure if i had a bigger trunk i cold get louder, the immortal is suppose to be all spl htough, so should be even louder than mine, and for the price it's a good deal,
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged  
Kingfridae I strongly disagree with you, I have owned several top of the line Audiobahn subs. The SQ was not that great and they all ended up the same way dead.  I never (well almost never) abused them. I gave them the proper power, xover settings; enclosures etc and they always let me down. But Pyramid and Boss Audio (which I have owned as well) are among one of the largest manufactures out their but that dose not necessarily mean that they have a good product. I’m not trying to bash you or anything just voices my experiences. But I do have to say Audiobahn makes some strong amps.
kingfridae 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  

Im not addressing just anybody.  To go a little further into this - I have a car audio store here in Texas.  I have been in business about 5 years.  I sell several different lines and audiobahn is one of them.  From "MY" experience I havent had that many returns on any audiobahn products.  Sure there were some but all my lines have had a few returns.  Audiobahn has been my best selling product thus far.  The number one reason I get returns is because what I mentioned earlier.  To much abuse on smaller subs - Distortion will blow a sub quick I dont care how big or small the amp is.   Audiobahn deserves to be listed at the top with other big names.  At the same time I see some people who don't like them on this forum - There are 5 times as many that do.  Go to a show or competition you will see alot of people with Audiobahn!  - KF 

JiggaFan 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  

I like Audiobahn ALUM12x/ALUM12 (2001/2000) model Aluminum cone series subs.  but i hit 142.2 out of the trunk on new Termpro mic with 3 ALUM12q in <1.0 cuft sealed each powered by a single JBL BP1200.1 at about 43Hz.

i do believe as time goes on, there new basket designs hamper subwoofer performance.  I found that the 2000/2001 AW/ALUM series basket design hit better than that newer 2002 monstrosity of a basket on.  And the 2001/2000 models had better longevity.  Also, the AW1251T sounds like ass, whereas I've heard others say their earlier entry level subs sounded good.

but i must also admit, i just figured out how to PRECISELY set my amp gains using a multimeter and test tracks.  so my inaccurate gain settings may have contributed to the demise of my earlier Audiobahn products.

also, just as with Pyramid and Boss, less knowledgeable consumers are usually purchasing Audiobahn's entry level equipment and are probably abusing their equipment...then they biitch and complain "Audiobahn SUCKS!"

buy y'all internet subwoofer bandwagon fans keep on ridin': AudioMobile, RE/Onyx, etc.

MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  

The Audiobahns that I tried were properly wired to my old Alpine MRV-1503 crossed over correctly and definitely had enough clean power. Correct size box as well.  All I did was pound the living Sh*t out of them which is what a sub is for, Right? I was "testing" them and did find that they got hot and melted voice coil. As far as SPL goes, they DO move a lot of air. And if you want something affordable that moves a whole lot of air and will definitely pleas you, get some MTX 8000 series. Mine have performed great for 2 years with up to 1650 watts and 3f cap pounding like an earthquake. When I sell them to someone, I will feel very good because I know they will be 100% satisfied.

Angel

boom, boom, boom boom....
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  

I dunno how much a audiobahn sub costs, cause they are for looks anyways...

for something in the ballpark of 380 you can get a brahma 12, which is along the lines of the W7. you'd only need one.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
What's this I hear about setting gains with a multimeter?  I've always done it by ear, using CD tracks that I was familiar with and had good success.  How would you go about doing something like this?
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic