icon

sealed or vented

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sbrock 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
forbidden I really like your responces it seems you know what you are talking about in your post and I have to agree sealed does handle more and it definetly depends on what the owner prefers I guess I personaly prefer the obnoxious bass you are refering to but everyone is different thats why there is so many choices in this business (car audio)
skylark 
Copper - Posts: 191
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the advice im going with sealed because of the amp i have mostly because to many people complain about audiobahn i and bass and good sq thats why i took the audiobahn subs out and replaced them with kickers because kicker is an better brand but audiobahn makes better amps then their subs so hopefully it will pound because the four 15's that i had hit hard i know four an fact they was the loudest system i ever had and thats after i had 4 12's in my car that were dvc eclispe runinng off an mtx 1500 d class amp so maybe i lucked out with the audiobahn subs but rule of thumb 4 15's are louder then 4 12's including high end subs
goingcrazyonsound
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
Just because a sub has a larger driver dosnt mean its for sure going to play louder then 4 12s. It all depends on what brand ,what amp is driving them ,box etc. Just because you have had 3 or 4 different systems dosnt mean you know that all 15 inch subs beat all 12 inch subs.
skylark 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
ya i know but i have had many systems from 8 tens in an wagon to 6 12's 8 15's so i believe im speaking from experience but my point was about the above subject the 4 15's out pounded the eclispe 12's now i have seen and heard cars with 2 tens out pound 2 15's so im not going by size or brands because i have had good brands and garbage brands but i know how to make them sound good for a few weeks before the saying kicks in you get what you paid for
goingcrazyonsound
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
skylark wrote:
but i know how to make them sound good for a few weeks before the saying kicks in you get what you paid for
LMFAO . . .
========================================================
BTW: I agree with everything Forbidden has stated. Perhaps one day all the boomers will fade away. So as, the hobby wont always be looked upon as immature tone deaf imbecils, which have nothing better to do then to show off . . .sealed or vented - Page 2 -- posted image.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  

Teken wrote:
skylark wrote:
but i know how to make them sound good for a few weeks before the saying kicks in you get what you paid for
LMFAO . . .
========================================================
BTW: I agree with everything Forbidden has stated. Perhaps one day all the boomers will fade away. So as, the hobby wont always be looked upon as immature tone deaf imbecils, which have nothing better to do then to show off . . .sealed or vented - Page 2 -- posted image.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .

Exactly.

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
skylark 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
i like showing off but unlike the other showoffs when you look in to my trunk everybody jaws drop because i put everything in nice and neat with no wires showing and i build amp racks since im now learning how to fiberglass everything is gonna be even better. but my point is i like loud music and bass if people dont like it then they are just plain old plus i take pride in my car from the tvs to the ps2 installed and the big boy rims and candy paint job so why does everybody hate i like the high end stuff but im from minnesota so we only get 4 months of nice weather to clown so if my money aint right i will buy cheap sh*t but i have not done that in four years ya i know i messed up with audiobahn but i still believe in their amps plus i got 4 12 inch eclipse sitting around i believe in sq but give me a break i wear an hearing air so im never gonna be able to tell the difference between sq and garbage i just go by the trunk rattles cuz i hate that.....................................................showwing aint never gonna fade away because i love pulling up to people and watching them roll up their windows and cussing under their breath
goingcrazyonsound
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  

So you enjoy being an inconsiderate clown?  sealed or vented - Page 2 -- posted image.

Ah, kids...

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
"Clown" is not the word I would use.
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
skylark wrote:
i like showing off
LMFAO... I like your honesty
skylark wrote:
i believe in sq but give me a break i wear an hearing air so im never gonna be able to tell the difference between sq and garbage i just go by the trunk rattles
You know . . . I actualy had to read over that statement (3) times . . . You were born with a certain amount of hearing impairment, or lossed it, do to unknown circumstances.
Yet, even though your hearing is faultering, and is not the same as others. You will simply continue to ground pound, and and assault your remaining ear drums with SPL which will certainly erase what little hearing you have left !
That Sir, is simply moronic, stupid, and above all else lacking in gray matter in your mellon.
skylark wrote:
showwing aint never gonna fade away because i love pulling up to people and watching them roll up their windows and cussing under their breath
LMFAO . . . sealed or vented - Page 2 -- posted image. You know, for everytime I have heard or read someone who thinks they are louder than the next guy.
I wish they were close to me, as I would simply drive ahead of them and pop my rear trunk with my linear actuator and shatter your windshield with track 1 of Ascent.
The cannon shots would shatter your windshield in 1000 pieces !!! Now, that you felt my vibes, does that neccessarly mean its still OK???   sealed or vented - Page 2 -- posted image.
What ever floats your boat . . .
( Hope you understand my point, that just because you can do a thing . . . Does not mean you should !! Because one day, you will pull up to me and ground pound, and you will be the one being pounded )
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic