icon

titanium vs tdx

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  
has anybody compared the eclipse titanium 12's to a diamond audio tdx 12? whats the difference, which sub has better spl and which has better sq?
Quad L Handyman services
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
I am a dealer for both, I have not yet enjoyed what the high end Diamond is capable of but do know what the Titanium can and will do, it is hard pressed to beat.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Ketel22 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  

any body heard the tdx in comparasion to the titaniums?

Quad L Handyman services
the Finn 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  

I, too, am a dealer for both. I have owned both, however, and based on my experience I have to put my money on the TDX. Both sound great and both have huge output potential, but I found the TDX more capable in a small box (.8 cu.ft. sealed) where the Titanium only impressed me at the 1 cu.ft. range. Also I was more impressed with the Diamond at the lower octaves, although I had to run synthisized bass tones to really hear a difference; regular music would make little difference apparant.

Mostly though, the TDX is a tank. I ran 1200 RMS watts (2 D7152, 1 bridged to each voice coil) and it held it together with no trouble. Even at stupid output levels, the kind of stuff you would never put a woofer through, the TDX rocked and never gave it up. The Eclipse is a different story. I bottomed that s.o.b. out non-stop with that kind of power, and it never got quite as loud because of it. I ended up with only 1 of the D7152 bridged into it before I really liked the sound of it.

I know a lot of people who love the Eclpise, and I would never call it a bad sub, because it definately is not. This is just my personal experience, and my opinion. Hope that helps!

~Cory
Car Concepts SLC
Alpine F#1Status Certified
Ketel22 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
thats what i was looking for, they people at the shop that are dealers of both said the same thing i was just wondering if it was bd cuz they were trying to sell one over the other. thanks!
Quad L Handyman services
Ketel22 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  
does the p3 by rockford come anywhere near close to the out puts of the titaniums or the tdx?
Quad L Handyman services
supra1988 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
hey,
the p3 cannot handle the pounding that you can hand to the other two subs, however I would have to agree with the Finn on this one. I would pin the tdx against any sub, any day. You cannot beat the power handling this thing has. Also, it is one of the only subs that will truly go both ways(spl or sq).
Ketel22 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  

so the tdx would be my best bet. what should i expect to pay for one 12"?

Quad L Handyman services
the Finn 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

Current retail on the TDX12 is right at 600 bucks. They are difficult to get deals on, but look around and something may pop up.

If I may suggest an enclosure design.After experimenting with several sealed applications,  I ultimately used the recommended vented enclosure right out of the TDX owner's manual. I made the vent 12" long instead of 10.5" to accommodate for a 3/4" radius on each end of the vent. I ran it with out an infrasonic filter and bridged one Diamond D7152 into each voicecoil for 1200 RMS watts, as I mentioned before. I loved the response from this box. Tuned frequency sits right at 36 Hz, which is pretty low for a ported box, and it has very little ripple so it was very transient. SPL was mindnumbing. My older audiocontrol portable RTA box measured 147 at the passenger windshield. Regardless of the details, this box kicked out the volume, hit the lower register with authority, and picked out every nuance in the bass rythyms. Great box if you don't mind that little extra gain at the 40 Hz range!

Enjoy that sub! Just remember to cream it with power and you will love it!

~Cory
Car Concepts SLC
Alpine F#1Status Certified
Ketel22 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
1200wrms isnt the rms on the subs 1000w?
Quad L Handyman services
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic