icon

Crossfire VS. RF

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  

From what I have heard is that the lower the impedance lead to the amp, the sloppier the output signal. Which is why I was looking for something at 4 ohms. I was thinking possibly a RF 1050s amp, which is exactly what I need. I would really like to buy the JL audio amp, but they are pretty expensive. I am alllllll about the Hard Hitting tight low end bass. I could care less if it plugs my ears, i just wanna be able to start my heart back up if im having a heart attack. lol.

1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  
Let me step in on this post and put in my two cent. Crossfire is a pretty decent amp. And will most likely beat any RF "punch" line amp. But as far as the new RF line (2004) I doubt Crossfire is going to have a product that will compete.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
What is so different about the 2004 line of RF products ,besides new looks, from the older models?
spl_enterprise 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
nothing. fosgates quality is declining is you ask me. take those power series junkers or whatever theyre called. the ones with the stealth end caps that are like 2400-2600 watts (thats what they say) they are only 900 watts rms. thats all that matters and they suck. they cant handle the low impedences for sh*t either. ive done a few installs with like a single dvc 12" running at 2 ohms bridged and it wouldnt handle it. it overheated and crapped out. you have to put your own fuses on it since it has no on-board fuses (claming its a true clean-power amp.) how many amps that cost $500+ dollars cant take 2 ohms? cant think of many.
Pete - SPL Enterprise Inc.
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, good point. I was just wondering also, if anyone has ever looked at an RF amp lately, their peak power is always three 3x the RMS power. how the hell did they get that figure? Generally, the peak wattage is equivalent to 2x the peak (give or take a few). I was looking at a RF amp, the... 800s (i think), the specs were 800 watts by 1, at 4 ohms (bridged), 400 x 2 @ 2 ohms, and 200 x 2 @ 4 ohms. Oddly enough, the peak power was 2400 watts. That was just an example, (real specs though) lol thanks.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
spl_enterprise 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
the crossfire product is pretty damn good is you ask me. i did an install with like 6 bmf-12's and it slammed pretty nice. as for the amps, they are pretty good. id compare them to being almost as good to an hcca, but not quite.
Pete - SPL Enterprise Inc.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
I would not be surprised at all if Rockford took a page from Crossfire's design book to build their new amps, Crossfire will be able to compete with Rockford and others any day of the week.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic