icon

Kole Audio Reviews!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
SpankyJohnson 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
Hey folks I need to know if kole audio is any good or are they just crap? I dont have 280-450 to spend on a 4 channel amp or 2 ch amp.
Do you know Spankyjohnson? He's a Big man. I'll tell him you did his boys a favor
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
Never heard of Kole.  If you're on a budget, my first suggestion for low-cost decent quality is any amp from US Acoustics.
fatdaddyjoe 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
had a kole 1.5 farad cap that worked good. but hey a cap is a cap...........try california profile for the price they are decent....what are you running with these amps??
the louder the better !!!!!!
can you feel it ?????
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  
If I am not mistaken I think that Kole audio is made by Power Acoustic which I had many moons ago to run 2 12's, then it was switched to run mid's and highs and back to one 12 in a friends car. It's not bad for the money if you are on a budget. California amps are good as well which a friend has 2 profile series and one california series and it sounds pretty decent.
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
I have a few friends that are into competitions. They all are hitting over 150dbs using Kole audio Amps. They havent hand any problems with them at all. They look nice too. :)
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
I've never heard of "Kole" before. I've heard of "Kove" I hear Kove is pretty good, but I haven't heard of Kole so I wouldn't know.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
the Finn 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
What kind of power do you need? There are a lot of good 4 channel amps on the 300-400 watt total power range for right around 200 bucks. RF, MTX, even JL e-series if you get a b-stock. Just some other ideas.
~Cory
Car Concepts SLC
Alpine F#1Status Certified
SpankyJohnson 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  

the Finn wrote:
What kind of power do you need? There are a lot of good 4 channel amps on the 300-400 watt total power range for right around 200 bucks. RF, MTX, even JL e-series if you get a b-stock. Just some other ideas.

My ideal system will be either two component system 6.5 MB quartz or Alpine type-R 6.5 (80-125rms)

Two kicker solobaric L7 8" subwoofers ported (450rms each)
ALpine CDA-7995 head unit
NEED:

one 4 ch amp for components and one for Subwoofers.

But I think in a ported box I dont need as much rms wattage. so I guess about 300w rms each. I guess

Do you know Spankyjohnson? He's a Big man. I'll tell him you did his boys a favor
the Finn 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  

The MTX T404 is a great little amp for the money (220 MAP). It makes 50 wrms x 4 @ 4 ohms. MTX has really improved their production techniques in the last few years. I have sold both MTX and Rockford for years, and right now I would have to say MTX is building just as good, if not a little better,  an amp than Rockford is(*gasp*). At least for the money.

Also JL just released a grip of b-stock e4300 amps that sound killer for about that same price. Find a JL dealer in your area and see if you can score one of those. They have the same warranty as a-stock amps, they usually have cosmetic defects only.

Either of these would make your components sing. Other amps mentioned on this thread would work well, too. Check a couple out, see if you can hear them in action and get the one tht most appeals to you.

A ported box is more efficient, yes, but that only means it takes less power to get the same output as a comparable sealed box, and even then only around it's tuned frequency. By running the same amount of power to a vented box as you would a sealed, then, you would get a large increase in output for no more input than you would have given the sealed box. It's like free bass! (except that you paid for it, just got a good deal *lol*)

I say port those Kickers and nail them with as much power as you can afford. As long as you filter the bass below the tuned frequency of the box, they will handle all the rms power a sealed box will.

last thing, I promise. If you like the sound of Quart, check out the JL Evolution. I sell both and I have to say the JL sounds better for the money. Look at the VR series. Similar money to the Quart Reference and Alpine Type R, but much smoother response. Listen to them all, see what you like. That's just my suggestion.

~Cory
Car Concepts SLC
Alpine F#1Status Certified
spl_enterprise 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
kole audio is another one of those new brands. they are alright just overpriced, and no power acoustik doesnt make kole. they make spl and farenhiet. peace.
Pete - SPL Enterprise Inc.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic