the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2002 Tahoe - Passlock II

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
whoa there now, making my palms sweaty here.  I have the same truck.  It's been about five weeks now since I put in the RSX3.5.  So far, so good.  I used the same bypass module as supra1988.  I'd take it to a professional shop and have it looked at.
thesasquatch 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  

Okay - the tranny comment scared me.  I don't understand how the alarm being hooked-up wrong would physically destroy my transmission...

Anyway, I'll take a look MYSELF tomorrow with the guys doing my system install. I wanna see PERSONALLY that these wires you guys are talking about are all hooked-up to the right terminals. Also, I'll check which passlock module I'm using. For some reason I remember something about 555L or something like that when we were originally discussing which one I didn't have when it was first put-in. They put a new module in like I said before and I'm wondering if that's the one you guys are talking about.

Thanks for all the input. Also, I think I lied to all of you concerning which MATRIX I have. I have the Matrix RS3. The reason I keep saying it's the matrix RS3.5 is because I had that BIG UGLY WHITE alarm remote that was as big as a cell phone. But it broke so I sent it to Clifford and they sent me the new RS3.5 remote (the smaller carbon-fiber looking one). So I keep thinking 3.5 when I talk about the alarm. Anyway, sorry for the confusion. I'm assuming the RS3 and RS3.5 are similar brains. (I HOPE SO - I DON'T WANT YOU ALL TO HATE ME FOR NOT TELLING IT RIGHT).

Cheers.

BigForestDwellerWithHair

2002 Z71 Tahoe
Kenwood x979
(2) JL12W3's
Phoenix 500.4 & 800.1
MBQuart Qseries
-BigHairyGuy
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
as far as the tranny neing history, that is because if the installer did not hook up the second ignition, then the tranny would not be powered up with the rs, but would be yused duiring the idle, but if your tranny is still good after the time you had it, no need to sweat.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic