icon

amp/sub install question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shadowrelic 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  

is twisted copper better then solid copper?? because i have my whole room wired with wire thats not really even speaker wire... its SOLID copper.... thick too.  im guessing its 18 guage.

it sounds good, but would i be getting better Quality if i got twisted "speaker wire" instead?

2 subs
1 amp
0 knowledge of how to hook them up to my car.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
Usually twister wire is used for car and home audio. I have used 16 gauge romex(power cable in your house's wall) to power some small bookshelf speakers and I better bass if I used the 14 gauge twisted cable. I would just stick with twisted, its more flexible also.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  

Go with the US Acoustics amp class D amp if you just want the subs you have right now temporarliy, and then later upgrade to something like the (awseome) JL W0 subs. This amp would be perfect for these. If you dont plan on going with new subs like the JL's soon then i guess you could go with the US Acoustics amp. Planet Audio is good also but for the old subs you have right now you shouldnt need to spend more money then is needed. I have my rca cables running next to my + power cable that goes to the battery all the way to my head-unit in my suburban. I havnt had any problems with noise. It shouldnt be on the top of your car audio to-do-list, unless you have problems with noise. Every car or truck is different though, so next time you do an install I would run them seperately just incase(no one likes to run rca cables twice).

shadowrelic 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  

well i consitered the acoustics 600d amp but that is only 200 x 1 rms, the planet audio amp is 600 x 1 (3 times bigger ) for 70 dollars more.  i consitered the 2 channel us acoustics amp that was 450 x 1 rms; this amp is 150 bucks but i think if i plan to upgrade ill still keep the 2 subs i have already.... just buy a bigger 3rd one :D

both the planet audio and the second us acoustics amps are 2 channel bridgeable....  correct me if im wrong but a 2 channel bridgable amp puts out more RMS then a mono amp, so why would you buy a mono amp if you could buy a good 2 channel??? 

i think im going to order the planet audio amp tonight :D

2 subs
1 amp
0 knowledge of how to hook them up to my car.
jpranwez 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
not neccesarily. It depends on the amps. Mono amps are usually used for subs.
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic