icon

quick ohm question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 3:19 AM / IP Logged  

hey there guys, i was reading wut u guys posted back and forth?

its getting pretty hot up in here. anyways i still dotn know wut u guys are talking about

^_^ maybe i should pay u to install my amp for me?

all i know is that i wen i do it i , plug the + with the - and i will have power!!!

lol... doing that while my hands are wet! lolz

hehehe thanx for the help i might need some further godly information from u guys again.

thanx for the intense 411

shadowrelic 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  

bang bang i wasnt very far away from you a few days ago... keep reading about the stuff you dont understand and you will eventually figure it out.  basicly just make sure when you handle the 8 guage power wire not to touch any copper :D  (plug everything into the amp first then as a last step turn the power on :D )

and about the ohms question in my last post: thanks for that info clean install but i was really looking at how to wire them so that my stereo would see 6 ohms (it would include a combination of parellel and series wiring).  because right now i have everything plugged in so that my stereo sees a 1.85 ohm load and it wants to see 6 ohms.  and i dont want to wire them all in series because 18 is way over 6, and i need the most out of my stereo as a I can get.

bang bang we'll have to talk on aol or something :D

2 subs
1 amp
0 knowledge of how to hook them up to my car.
BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  

hey shadworelic yeah i've encountered some problems while PLUGGING and unplugging the 12+V wire to the amp

right abvoe my trunk i think its cover. it would touch it wen i'm moving it around and cause an electrical shock

and my amp got burnt. not the amp it self but , right were the red wire (+) touches the screw in the amp, like right there the plastic around it melted. i smelt it and stop and opened the trunk it was melted, it shown'd a burnt mark

any ways is it becuz the wires were probably touching?

or was i turning the volume to loud and it got hot ?

but yeah i'm encountering problems left to right

oh yeah i'm also looking for under body neon lights let me know if u know werhe i can get it cheap

I"m also going to need some help installing two amps to a pair of 6x9'z.

i'll tell umore about if u know how to do it or u can help me.

thanx alot

shadowrelic 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  

ok whenever you mess with that power wire make sure you have it unplugged from the battery because if you touch it to the wrong things (like the CAR) then it will go full power out of the battery and into whatever you touch it too.... lol thats really dangerous...

what wire was it touching?? if it was touching the ground then you probubly have a dead battery right now too.... lol make sure the power wire doesnt touch any medal exept what the amp needs it to... i mean, its hooked up to a car battery for christs sake!

for the lights, ive heard that you can get them on ebay for like 20 bucks (where did you think we were gonna recomend?!?! lol! ), i havnt looked very hard yet but i was thinking about getting some also....

2 subs
1 amp
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, to whoever it was that started this thread (i just read 3 pages, i forgot already), I think, you should just take, whichever speakers sound the best, use them alone on the radio, and be happy. If u wanna use them all, go get urself a nice 6.1 channel surround sound head unit. you can plug all them puppies on there, and play it as loud as you want. i think that would be your safest bet. And, if u want it loud, get something with 100 or more watts per channel! good luck. lol
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
ok, i think it was shadow that started this, right? anyways man, i fidgeted with the calculator we have on this lovely site, and figured this out for you. (assuming you dont wanna go get a new receiver for ur room) You can run the 6 and the 8 ohm speaker in parallel, then run those in series with the 4 ohm speaker. that would give you approximately a 7.4 ohm load. I dont like mixing and matchin stuff, but if u wanna do it, i guess those would be your 2 choices. and if it wasnt you who asked, to whoever it was, those are your choices. :)
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
shadowrelic 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  

lol thanks thapimpfromchi, it was my starting post... but now i unplugged my sub from my stereo (yes i had a sub hooked up to all the frequencys... didnt make much sound ... im dumb ) but yeah, that was the 8 ohm "speaker" that i was talking about when i started this topic... 

so now i have a 4 and a 6, i cant really wire them parallel so i guess ill live with 10 ohms (4 over what my HORABLE stereo can handle )  but yeah, im concentrating on my car at the moment so if i make that thing look good i should be happy :D

2 subs
1 amp
BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  

yeah i c how u hooking it up wats the difference between a regular speaker and a 2 dual voice coil one?

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic