icon

mounting ideas, 2 10 subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shadowrelic 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  

how am i going to die from building a box?  i know how to hook the stuff up now and i know how not to get shocked (ill unplug the thing from the battery before hooking it up :D )

i just wanted demensions for the box....  i found out im going with a sealed box... still dont really know much about that... (is it COMPLETELY sealed or just doesnt have any other holes in it then the 10'' circle for the sub? )

2 subs
1 amp
0 knowledge of how to hook them up to my car.
spl_enterprise 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
youll want somewhere roughly around .60 per driver. you need a center baffle in the middle of the box so theres no "cross-talk" between the speakers if you are building a dual one. otherwise just use some equations to figure out how you want it with whatever space you have.
Pete - SPL Enterprise Inc.
shadowrelic 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  

ok i figured out where to enter the stuff to get .60  im going to build a box 11.5 by 11.5 and 10 inches deap :D  then have them both seperatly spaced on both sides of my trunk and blow them against the walls of the trunk :)  (does it make a diference of how far away the box is from the wall? )

so i guess i can start building now :D  hopefully they sound good :D

2 subs
1 amp
BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 4:00 AM / IP Logged  
mounting ideas, 2 10 subs - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
shadowrelic 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  

dont run the ground back to the "-" on the battery... you can just gound to your cars medal body.  and just something to think about... with both those amps hooked up to your car battery you might need to invest in a cap....

2 subs
1 amp
shadowrelic 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  

building my box tomorrow :D  i bought a planet audio tt2300 amp and its in the mail.  i have some questions though....

can i build the box out of plywood?  i have tons of it lieing around and it would be alot easyer..... (but will the loudness/quality get worse? )

does the box vibrate alot with the subs maxed? because i just realized i dont know where to mount my amp.... if the box doesnt vibrate that much (i was thinking it would vibrate like crasy if it can shake the car.... but i can always hope )

or what about under the subs? prop the subs about 3 1/2 inches off the floor and set the amp underneith...

the amp is 16 3/4 inches long and 11 3/4 inches wide so it does fit in many places....  lol

2 subs
1 amp
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2004 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
Do not put the amp underneath the box, the amp must get adequate ventilation to cool. Do not use plywood for the sub box. Plywood is a very porous material and will bleed air from the box, resulting in a loss of bass response. Use MDF, 3/4 instead. Abox that vibrates =  a loss of bass response. Put a center divider in to keep the walls of the box from flexing and resonating.  Make sure the box is mounted down, a loose box is a deadly missile in an accident, insurance usually does not cover it when it is not mounted and a box that is not mounted is losing output again as it rattles away against the vehicle.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic