04 town and country

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
Try this:
The 2001 Caravan/Voyager and Town & Country mini vans use a single-wire multiplex light system that requires different resistance values for the parking and headlights. To activate the parking lights, only a negative trigger through a 2.1 K ohm resistor is required. A negative trigger through a 790 Ohm resistor will activate both the parking and the headlights.
Caution : Due to a rest state in the light switch , tapping a 2.1 Kohm resistor to the WHITE/ brown light wire at the switch will cause all the light to activate . To prevent this from occuring , the resisted value must be sent away from the switch to the BCM only. The following diagram shows how to accomplish this:
04 town and country - Page 2 -- posted image.
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
While I'm at it, try this too:
The late 2001 manufactured Chrysler minivans have a PURPLE / BROWN wire at the ignition that must be activated with a resistor ground during crank.
04 town and country - Page 2 -- posted image.
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
godsegoizhuge 
Copper - Posts: 214
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
I've tried wiring up a relay for the 2nd starter wire, the problem i come across is that as soon as i goto hook up the 87 lead it automatically starts to send a feed to the PURPLE / brown wire. Could i have a bad relay or something? Other thing i was wondering is....what exactly does this wire control?? I mean the radio and heater/blower is on the ignition wire.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
List what you wired 86, 85 and 30 to.
godsegoizhuge 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  
i done like it stated in the picture from above. As soon as the output to the 2nd starter wire was connected that's when it kicked on all the lights in the dash and made like a clicking noise under the hood. I'm guessing that sound was from possibly a relay in the underhood fuse box.
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  

i'm guessin g a bad relay, could you like draw out a pic and post it online so tht we can see if anyting was done wrong with the relay connection.

2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
godsegoizhuge 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
Got the vehicle done, found out an interesting thing 'bout the 2nd starter wire on this van. Basically it's an anti-grind feature. Only way it becomes active is if someone tries to start the vehicle while it's already running. The PKU-CH2 from bypasskits.com is what i ended up using to bypass the transponder system on this new chrysler. Thanks to everyone who helped me through this interesting vehicle.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
Does that mean you didn't hookup the second starter? Does the heat come on with remote start? I know its needed for something.
The reason I wanted you to answer my last question was because I wanted to know if you put 85 to a NEGATIVE starter wire. If you looked quickly you might have saw starter wire and just hooked it to a positive starter wire. That would cause the buzzing sound you heard.
Relay should be as follows:
86 - constant
85 - negative starter
87 - ground thru 180 ohm resistor
30 - to 2nd starter wire
godsegoizhuge 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
On this vehicle it turns out the heater/radio is controlled with the ignition wire. I asked a tech at the dodge dealership and he's the one that told me that the 2nd starter wire on these 04's are just to prevent the flywheel to grind into the starter when someone tries to start the vehicle again while it's already running.
godsegoizhuge 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
On this vehicle it turns out the heater/radio is controlled with the ignition wire. I asked a tech at the dodge dealership and he's the one that told me that the 2nd starter wire on these 04's are just to prevent the flywheel to grind into the starter when someone tries to start the vehicle again while it's already running.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic