icon

Where to put subs in a Pathfinder?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pegleg 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  

With all of the different replies I do think I'll be going with one sub. JL, Alpine or Eclipse.  I've been checking out Eclipse webpage and all there equipment's specs are is just unreal compared to my old equipment.  I going to get the specs on the Type-R and some of JL subs.  X-Max has been my favorite for a long time, I'm gonna miss those bastards.  They'll probably be up on this site in about month and some other stuff.

Thanks

pegleg 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  

With all of the different replies I do think I'll be going with one sub. JL, Alpine or Eclipse.  I've been checking out Eclipse webpage and all there equipment's specs are is just unreal compared to my old equipment.  I going to get the specs on the Type-R and some of JL subs.  X-Max has been my favorite for a long time, I'm gonna miss those bastards.  They'll probably be up on this site in about month and some other stuff.

Thanks for all the replies. 

pegleg 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

With all of the different replies I do think I'll be going with one sub. JL, Alpine or Eclipse.  I've been checking out Eclipse webpage and all there equipment's specs are is just unreal compared to my old equipment.  I'm going to get the specs on the Type-R and some of JL subs.  X-Max has been my favorite for a long time, I'm gonna miss those bastards.  They'll probably be up on this site in about month and some other stuff.

Thanks for all the replies.  If there is anyone else with an opinion on my question I'm still very open to suggestions thanks.

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
Be careful about "specs" on any website (not to knock Eclipse) they will not tell you real world conditions at all, especially in your vehicle. Why I chose this sub over all other (and as a dealer I have lots to choose from) is for the available mounting space for the box, the type of output the customer desired, the type of music he listened to, the amp that was matched to the sub, the cd player that ran the system and knowing full well the real capabilities of a sub like the Eclipse aluminum driver in real world conditions. This sub has had a design in excellence in engineering award for it's approach to construction. One thing to be well aware of on this sub is that the cone has a huge throw on it. You will need a speaker grill that is called a deep dish grill to protect it from damage from carried cargo. This is a big nasty sub and needs a properly, overbuilt box to keep it's output potential up to snuff, this means a 1.5" baffle board for the sub to mount to, otherwise it will rip right out of it's mount.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
pegleg 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, most of you have probably figured this out but those who haven't heres the deal,  once you press Post Reply and you suddenly realize "oh sh*t I forgot write something else" you can press Stop and start writing again this will be fine as long as you don't SPACE

Once you hit  SPACE it'll SPACE but it'll also hit Post Reply over and over again. 

So if you need to stop and write some extra stuff, manually click with the mouse on this white space and this will not happen. 

Please,   learn from this idiot so you won't look like an ass. 

pegleg 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  

Forbidden'

Are you taking about the SX9152 the 15", this won an a award from Grand Prix, it's nice :)

Also hows there class D amps?  In the past they wheren't nearly as afficent as Eclipse is saying in  specs.  I think I remember it saying something around 80percent use of power and 2ohm bridge the THD is .008, thats pretty damn impressive.

Thanks, Pegleg

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
you should do what i do with my pathfinder... My back end is filled with 3 12's, so i take the wheels of my dh bike and cram her into the back doors.   Fits just perfect.
pegleg 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  

Alpine Guy,

Do you have any pics?  I'd be nice just to see an install in a Pathfinder.

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
Eclipse makes a mighty fine class D sub amp, I would be using one myself if I did not already have the Xtant.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
sadly, i just sold my amp today to a guy that wanted 2 15's, and 2 12's in his truck.  So i parted out my amp, ,with a profit of course, , and i took my box out.   I should have taken pics first., , maybe i'll just throw the box back in tomorrow and snap a rough pick for ya.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic