icon

Sirens are out of sync?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
verhobb 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Viper 791XV and originally had two piezo's inside the car and two 514n's under the hood. I just took it in to get two more sirens under the hood installed and two more piezo's. When testing it today i noticed that the Sirens jump out of sequence with each other. What is the fix for this? Do I need to add a relay? What is causing this?
ccroadshop99031 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
u have all that running off of the brain  u prob. are goin to burn out the alarms outputs   relay's are your friend
verhobb 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  

How will it burn up my outputs? Do I just need one relay or need two? I just had the extra four sirens installed yesterday. (two under the hood and two inside car) I will take it in first thing tomorrow to get the relay added.

Could this really damage my system?

Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
You will burn it up by adding by drawing more current than it able to put out. One relay will do the trick. You would damage your output to where it won't send the signal to your sirens, or it will make a very low, and weak sound when you connect this wire to your siren.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
verhobb 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
Is my whole brain screwed if this happens? I have only listened to it being out of sequence two or three times...i will not use the alarm until the relay is added. Is this an easy install? I hope i did not mess anything up.
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  
you will be good for now, just do not use it too much, make sure that a relay is added on ASAP.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
S.I.Autosports 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 6:22 AM / IP Logged  
Where did you have it done?  If you had it done at an alarm/stereo shop hopefully they used a relay already.  are all the sirens the same brand?  There is probably not much you can do.  Im sure there is going to be a slight variance in each siren.  You might wire them so that they all have the same lenth of wire running to them.  Im not sure if that would make any difference .
verhobb 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  

I had it all done at Circuit City. I think they used a relay when I had my original 2 under hood and 2 piezo's installed. I had bought a relay...don't know if they used it for the sirens though. I was told that if I were to add 2 more piezo's and two more under hood...total of 8 sirens that I would need another relay. I will be taking it in today. All of the underhood sirens are the DEI 514n's and the piezos are the 513 t's.

verhobb 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  

I just took my car in to the original installer. I originally had one relay put in for my four sirens that I put in when the alarm was installed. (Two under hood and two in car)

Monday I added two more sirens under the hood and two more inside (total: 8 sirens)  My installer today said that the reason they are off is because of the wire length and that another relay is not necessary because he put one in the first time. We are going to try and match all four wire lengths so that they will be in sync.

Question: Is one relay good enough for 8 sirens? He assured me that it was and that it would probably be more difficult to get the sirens in sync by adding another relay.

Since I have a relay I am in no danger of burning up my siren output...right?

Let me know.

jgold47 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  

your output should be fine...

a relay can handle current draws of either 30 or 40 amps depending on the model....

for example....a sunroof motor is usually 30 amps

you are way on the short side of fine....sirens dont draw a whole lot of current....

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic