icon

Sirens are out of sync?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
verhobb 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  

Man i have been worrying over that SH*T for a day and a half now!! Good to know that I am not going to fry my output on the brain.

I guess all the installer can try is to get the wire lenghts right and see if he can match up the tones. It sure sounds ugly right now.

duffdog 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  

getting the same wire lengths will not improve the syncronization of the sirens, they all do not have the same timing and wont ever sound perfect.  pretty much, you cant have a bunch of independent sirens work together for any reason.  sounds like what you need is a pair of loud air horns.

T

jgold47 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
but the horns not syncronized is probaly a good thing, its more annoying/ which in turn means more distinctive....
verhobb 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
I would have to agree with you there. I had the original installer check everything out and the 8 sirens are hooked up through the relay. We fixed the problem for the most part but the sirens are still a bit off. I think that would make people pay more attention with it sounding the way it does. I am completely satisfied now.
S.I.Autosports 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 5:10 AM / IP Logged  
What did you end up doing to improve it?
verhobb 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  

The original installer took out the two underhood sirens that the other guy put in and matched the wire length with the original two underhood sirens. One siren has a shorter ground wire and it is still off just a bit but I can handle it. It stands out which is probably a good thing.

On another note...DEI sirens are not that loud. Four is just about right for me. It's even louder with a window down because you get the four piezo's leaking there sound into the air. So, if someone were to ever break a window or open a door they will get the full blast.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic