two 10s and a 13

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
devilsquid 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
MAXST wrote:

Could do two brahmas from adire audio,lil bit cheaper than the eclipse, and near it in competition.  www.adireaudio.com if you interested.

i like what i see, but i also like the price of the w6v2s...quite a bit cheaper...havent looked on ebay yet...but are they, or the eclipse worth the extra money compared to the jls?  prob 12s or 13s maybe...im fasinated by the size...

devilsquid 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
just another bum idea....what if i got three eclipse 12s and make the box of one larger than the others...what would that do for me?
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
No do not do this, the box is the most important part of the equation, get it too small and the bass hits hard but lacks depth, get it too big and it gets deep with no control ("wet fart bass"). Three of these aluminum Eclipse drivers in the right box = major headache but damn will they sound real real good at any volume level. "Do it once, do it right!" = building the right box for the subs. = Eclipse subs = two 10s and a 13 - Page 2 -- posted image.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
devilsquid 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
well, i could do three 4ohm subs bringing me 1.3 ohms...( the amp can take 1)....question is, should i do 12s or would 10s do the job?
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
i would go with 2 10 inch w7's instead of the other choices    the 10w7 will hit very very low!!   and really put out spl as well....never doubt a 10 inch sub     the w7 have massive excursion
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
devilsquid 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
yea, but ive heard problems with the w7 surround coming 'undone' because of its mouting structure...also...im not that rich!   i looked at the entry level 10" eclipse alum.  and was impressed for one 10 in a van.  i think im going to go with them...but i dont know if i want 10s or 12s, then should i seal or port them?  the audio shop said port, but i like clean, tight bass...what do yall think?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic