icon

2003 Silverado SS door triggers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
birdslam 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2004 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  

Are you sure that works the same on a 2003???  There are 2 screws that I could find.  I removed those and then pryed up underneath to take a peak and don't see any of the old style plastic door clips.  On the bottom there seems to be 2 places holding the panel on.  These are big white plastic pieces that look like the ones that slide down into a slot. 

Long story short is it looks like the panel should slide upwards to get it off instead of outwards like the older silverados.  Problem is something is still holding it in place.  Does anyone know if there is more than 2 screws?   I am almost certain the plastic will break if I pull any harder.

JMaxx93 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2004 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
yes i pretty sure there is a screw behind the door reflector/light so try that first. and yes it does slide up. also the main harness on the window controlls is different.  you'll have to press in the center of the harness with a precision flat head or something comprable and pull the sliding retainer back and the plug will work itself out.
birdslam 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2004 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
 Thanks for the info...  How do you get the reflector light off to get to that screw?  Can I just pry?
JMaxx93 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2004 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  

yes

JMaxx93 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2004 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
carefully like i said i believe this is where your last screw is. use your "installer fee"  :)
birdslam 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2004 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
  I really screwed up now.  I was trying to get the harnass off the window control and now the windows don't roll up or down and the unlock button doesn't work.  I still didn't get that piece of either so I can even work on it.  Something is holding it in the front.  The back had a retaining clip but I can't see what is in the front.  How do you get this piece off?  Still can't get the door to budge either. 
birdslam 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2004 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  

OK,  here is what you have to do to get the door panels off from an 03 Silverado.

Remove the manual lock switch-- Just pry and it will pop off. 

Remove the screw that is behind this switch and the other two screws that can be seen on the door panel.

Remove trim piece around door handle and then slide the door panel up.  It comes off.

You then need to unhook the wires from the window control module and THERE IS A SCREW ON THE INSIDE of the door panel that needs to be removed before this module can be popped out of the door panel. 

Wow!  Now I can hook up to the door trigger wires. 

Thanks everyone and I hope this helps someone else out in the future....

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic