icon

2 amp install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pyglion84 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
Ok i need some help. i have a kenwood 2 channel 350watt amp and a rockford 301s amp. the fosgate amp is powering my 12inch jl audio w6 and i havent hooked up the kenwood yet, but i want to hook it up to 2 6x9s and the front door speakers in a 2000 honda civic ex. it does have a component system. i will upgrade those speakers to mb quart and also mb quart 6x9s in the rear. i have a amp kit for the new amp and also a distro block. first is it possible to run all speakers off of the kenwood or do i NEED a 4 channel. and how do we hook up 2 amps to car. i have a alpine cd player with sub pre outs and another set of preouts. sorry for the long story but i just wanted to make sure i didnt leave anything out. let me know what i should do
Brandon
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
Your best bet is a 4 channel amp. All speakers can be run off the Kenmore but it is not recommended. For now use it to power the front speakers only and leave the Alpine cd player to run the rears. To hook the 2 amps up in the car is simple. The amplifiers can share both power and remote on wires. This means that the distribution block is used to power both amplifiers for +12v. The remote on lead is connected to one amp, then run another wire from that same connection to the other amp. The ground wires should be connected at the same spot is possible. The fuse at the battery should be the same size or larger as the combined value of the fuses in the amps. Make sure you run a minimum of 4 gauge power wire to the distribution block and upgrade the battery to chassis ground with 4 gauge as well.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
pyglion84 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
ok thanks a lot...also to run my front speakers off of the amp, would i disconnect it from the cd player and just run it straight to the amp. my alpine cd player says it puts out 60x4 so it should be more then enough to power the 6x9s by themselves right? and again thanks for your help
Brandon
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
Yes you are correct with the wiring situation.Your Alpine amp will make 60w x4 if it get struck by Lightning, ignore that wattage claim, it has enough power to run the rear speakers just fine.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
pyglion84 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
ok man thanks a lot...i really appreciate it!!!
Brandon
BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  

yeah sure no problem help me out with my situation plz lolz

still stuck on installine 2 amps

i went to radio shack and a distribution block is 19.99 + tax wtf is that? then i gotta buy two 60 amp fuse $3.99 + tax wtf is that lolz

then i have to buy RCA Y splitter. its like $4.99 + 5 for shipping and handling (buying off of ebay).  then i have to buy 8 guage wires about 10 ft. thats about $2.50per/feet. wtf is taht all about lolz

do i need to buy a distribution block for my ground wires?

Clean Install 
Silver - Posts: 446
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  
BangBang wrote:

yeah sure no problem help me out with my situation plz lolz

still stuck on installine 2 amps

i went to radio shack and a distribution block is 19.99 + tax wtf is that? then i gotta buy two 60 amp fuse $3.99 + tax wtf is that lolz

then i have to buy RCA Y splitter. its like $4.99 + 5 for shipping and handling (buying off of ebay).  then i have to buy 8 guage wires about 10 ft. thats about $2.50per/feet. wtf is taht all about lolz

do i need to buy a distribution block for my ground wires?

lol no

If we learn from each success and
each failure, then we can improve ourselves
pyglion84 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  

no but you can also buy a distro block of of ebay...that is where i bought mine

Brandon
BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
pyglion84 wrote:

no but you can also buy a distro block of of ebay...that is where i bought mine

i checked it off of ebay its going for around $12.99 + shippng and handling like $4.99

thats about $19 might as well buy 1 from radio shack, that way i save time?

or do u know where i can get a good quality but for low price

pleaze post the site thanx

pyglion84 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
try this one...http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&item=3078088320&category=50550
Brandon
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic