icon

RSX3.5 install guide errors?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Homebrew 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  

I've been reviewing the install guide for the clifford RSX3.5 and noticed according to pg.14 my secondary harness(H2) wasn't wired correctly.  Against my better judgement i went ahead and rewired the harness to match the diagram.  Today i thought i'd inspect the rest of the harness and diagrams to look for other errors.  However while studying the diagram of the brain, i noticed that the brain labels for the connection for the secondary harness(H2) don't match the (rewired) harness.  After comparing the diagram on pg.14 of the install guide to the diagram of the brain on pg.55,  i realized the two don't match up.  Both diagrams label the the wire colors to the same functions, but their locations are different.  For instance, pg.14 says GREY/BLACK should be located next to LIGHT BLUE, while pg.55 says it should be next to LIGHT-GREEN/ BLACK.  Which is correct?  There's equal chance either diagram could be mislabeled.  I don't want to screw anything up when i go to install.  I checked the manual against the viper 791xv manual and they're both like this.  Can anyone verify how the harness should be wired?  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanx,

-Kevin

Cadillakin 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know what happened there. Have your tried calling Clifford? I just installed mine about 24 hours ago. I would just go with the function of the wire color. You can also test the signal coming out of the unit when you arm and disarm the alarm. Know what I mean? I don't have a factory alam so I had no use for this harness until I add more accesories.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
The manual is wrong. The colors and descriptions are correct, just the pin location are wrong.
Homebrew 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  

I don't suppose you know what the correct pin locations are?  I don't have any way to test the alarm outputs right now.  I appreciate the replys guys.  Thanx.

-Kevin

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
The correct pin setup is the way it came in the box. I could check tomorrow at work if nobody answers before then.
Homebrew 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  

Thanx, i'd appreciate it.  Like i said in my original post, i changed the harness when i noticed it didnt match the manual.  However i can't remember which wires I switched.  The lesson here is don't go switching wires.  I bought the unit off ebay so i figured it may have been tampered with.  Lesson learned, i'll never rewire again.  I appreciate all your help.

-Kevin

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
let me know if you still need info.  i've got them in stock and can grab a harness of a box
Homebrew 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  

Yes i could still use the info kgerry.  I'd greatly appreciate it if you could take a look.  Thanx.

-Kevin

mecpcert_1 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 5:38 AM / IP Logged  
i would think that the lesson is not to buy from ebay.LOL J/KRSX3.5 install guide errors? -- posted image.
do it right the first time....less warranty work=more money!:)
Homebrew 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  

mecpcert_1 wrote:
i would think that the lesson is not to buy from ebay.LOL J/KRSX3.5 install guide errors? -- posted image.

LoL, that too.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic