icon

aux channel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dwjack 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged  

I installed the Viper 791xv and everything was fine.  Yesterday I added a DEI trunk pop solenoid and wired it to the alarm with a relay according to the DEI installation instructions.  RED / White 85, fused 12V 86, 12V 87, +solenoid 30.  Everything went fine and it worked without any problems.

When I was moving wires around to put it all back I heard a pop and now the aux channel doesn't work.  I think power might have touched the RED / white wire, I accidentally had one exposed close to the relay output.  Testing that wire it shows ground when activated which is right.  All other wires for the relay test fine but it still won't work.

I switched to Channel 4 output, violet and it worked fine, just like before.  My question is did I screw up the channel 2 output somehow and if so why do I still get ground from it when testing.

whitey 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  

Try unpluging the the brain for the 791xv.  Then take a knife or screw driver and short all the pins on the main harness together to discharge all the caps on board.

Plug it back in and try it.

Visions Edmonton
Installation Manager, DLS
MECP Certified First Class
dwjack 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
short all the pins on the brain side or the plug side?
whitey 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
brain side.  Make sure all wires are disconected form the unit
Visions Edmonton
Installation Manager, DLS
MECP Certified First Class
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
you may have blown the Aux output and still have it show a bit of ground...i have seen some with a hole blown thru this transistor yet it will still work slightly..its when it has to generate a bit of current that it fails....
dwjack 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
Now what?  I tried disconnecting the brain, opened it up but didn't see anything unusual.  If I did blow the Aux output is there anyway to combine the silent chirp and channel 4 both onto the Aux buttom of the remote?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic