icon

alpine cva-1004 security bypass?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mad_rack 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
      I can get the video through the alpine cva-1004 and play it while driving, But when I apply the brake, The(video off for your saftey) comes on is there any way I can rewire it so that it does not come on?
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  
All you have to do is hook the foot brake wire to  the foot brake and use the toggle switch in place of the park brake.  This will fix your problem.  I own a CVA-1004 and have no problems.  I don't recommend this for safety reasons, so use at own discreption.  If pulled over by the authorities, they will want to you to prove that the safety feature is properly installed.
Do it right the first time
mad_rack 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
I also have a alpine cva-1004 and have the toggle switch but still get the (video off for your saftey) after i go through the sequence of applying the hand brake and flipping the toggle a couple of times I find myself  inpaitient and confused i thought the bypass is supposed to go off while in motion is there a better way someone please help out a confused home audio installer
Mike.
mad_rack 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  

what would be the problem if my child is watching Spongebob squarepants and im driving my car they say it's distracting (yeah ok) if a driver is that easy to be distracted then they should not be behind the wheel of any motor vehicle but thats just my oppionion any way whats the offense if pulled over by the authorites and is there a fine if determined you were depending on the state

Mike.
ant_ 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  

I just picked up a IVA-D300.  The process looks the same.  I've never hooked up a toggle switch before.  I've installed my own radio's before though. 

What I need to know is on the toggle for the parking brake, how do I hook up the toggle.  The toggle I have has three connections on the back.  The top spade say +1-, the middle says 2, and the bottom says 3.  What wires go where on the toggle.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Ant

raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
Mad_Rack, yes there is fines for videos veiwable in front of the driver.  To answer your toggle sequence question.  Here's the routine:  Connect the foot brake wire to the foot brake and ground the other wire and put the toogle switch between it.  Here's the sequence;  1. depress your foot brake, while holding your brake, hit your toggle switch on an off.  2.  Release the the foot brake.  This will unlock you security feature.   I own a CVA-1004 and I have no problems.  Good luck if the authorities catch you.
Do it right the first time
soundzplus 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  

As i have said before - - I have a part that will bypass all these crazy steps -

I makes the unit think its been done everytime its turned on  - no need for the footbrake / toggle switch limbo..

Contact me at soundzplus@aol.com

thanks

WRXin04 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2004 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

ok so in a nut shell,

You just hook up the foot brake wire noramally, and you run a toggle switch betwn the wire thats supposed to go to the E-brawe and ground.

Will someone please tell me if this is correct.

Also what is the pt of the foot brake wire on a Manual tranmission car??

Thanks a bunch

Tom

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic