icon

Pacifica In-Dash DVD Player

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rchanadet 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  

My CD player does have the cassette player in it. That may be part of why I have the IR sensor and you don't. I got that wiring diagram. It looks just like the one on the sticker on top of the unit. That's where I figured out to use pins 5 and 6 for the video signal.

I got a single Audiovox 7" headrest monitor. I just about had a nervous breakdown cutting up my leather headrest to put it in but it came out perfect. The cable ran nicely down through the seatback, through the center console, and up under the dashboard where I have the power supply wired in. I'll have to take a couple of pictures and post them.

I haven't had the opportunity to test yet but a couple of my remote controls that I have will work miscellaneous pieces of equipment. My RCA TV one supposedly will do Mitsubishi DVD players so I'll give that a try.

Thanks,

Ramey

mrsport2 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
More information..... Chrysler used two DVD system sin the Pacifica. Both look the same with the exception of the IR eye. Early on the DVD system was RF bases, therefore must use the RF kit for Headphones to work.  IR based unit which you must use the IR headphones. The remote will work with either system. You do not need to have the rear video for this to work.  You can check with your dealership to see which one came installed in you car or you can simply look to see if you have a IR port on the front right side of you radio.  
thecarpenter 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2004 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  

Ramey, I purchased the same vehicle recently. Like yourself, I passed on the flip down unit they offered with the car. I purchased Vizualogic VL9000's to install in the headrests. Any information you could send my way concerning making these units work would be appreciated. I see you've been able to work out many of the problems so far. Thanks.

email: dreamprops2001@yahoo.com

Scalpel4 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2004 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  

I'm definitely interested in seeing your pictures as well.  I just bought my Pacifica 3 days ago and I'm alreadychomping at the bit to watch DVD's on the infinity 5.1 system this thing came with!  I have the sunroof as well and will avoid running a drop down screen until I setup something for the last seat passengers.

My plans include:

Multi-Input headrest screens separate w/ IR headphones, for private XBOX connections for the middle seats

Single-Input drop-down screen for rear seats controlled by driver, for video or NAV viewing.

Multi-input touchscreen for front passenger with private PC

Multi-input touchscreen for driver for PC-based nav system

Ambitious I know, but I'm a nut, so why not?Pacifica In-Dash DVD Player - Page 2 -- posted image.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic